Adjunct Faculty - Master of Science in Educational and Instructional Technology Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
About the Position
“Our mission is to deliver an exceptional student experience by providing superior programs and services that are relevant and result in meaningful learning.”
National University is San Diego’s largest private nonprofit university. We are proud to provide high quality higher education to our diverse student population from across the United States, and in multiple countries. As an institution, we value accessibility and provide our students and faculty the opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and exciting work environment. In 2010, National University was named a Great College to Work For in a survey by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Adjunct faculty are valued as an integral and vital component of the University’s teaching staff, providing unique and valuable perspectives and contributions. We have an excellent opportunity for Adjunct Faculty to join our highly engaged teaching staff in the master’s Educational and Instructional Technology program. In this role, the successful candidate will teach masters-level courses to students seeking to experience application of emerging technologies to resolve instruction problem and learn to use their knowledge and skills to improve instruction, whether in education business, or industry.
Note: This is a part-time, hourly position. The successful candidate will be teaching 4-week online, and asynchronous courses.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead classroom sessions online according to university policies
- Provide expertise in assigned content areas by maintaining current knowledge in the field.
- Posting faculty guidance and expectations
- Respond to student needs in a timely fashion or typically within 48 hours
- Provide substantive feedback to students, grade assignments, and post grades
- Participate in online class discussion boards
- Have a strong emphasis on student-centered learning by encouraging participation in their own learning and promoting student inquiry
- Maintain a positive, safe, inclusive student-centric learning environment
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Media Arts, or Education-related field, from a regionally accredited university
- At least three (3) years of teaching experience in Higher Ed or K-12
- Proficiency and ease in using, Brightspace, or other online learning platforms
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
- Terminal degree (i.e. PhD) in a related field from a regionally accredited university
- Research experience preferred
Materials needed for submission:
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/degree evaluation from one of our approved agencies.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal and requires color vision and depth perception. The work is performed in an office environment and outside the office as necessary.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state, and local laws.
At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative, and creative professionals come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('/psc/nushrprd_newwin/EMPLOYEE/PSFT_NUSHRPRD/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;