Located in Redmond, Washington, DigiPen Institute of Technology is a small college that offers undergraduate degree programs in Computer Science, Game Design, Digital Audio and Music, Computer Engineering, and Digital Art and Animation, as well as Master’s degree programs in Computer Science and Digital Art. DigiPen Institute of Technology has been ranked one of the top 5 game design schools in the country by the Princeton Review for more than a decade. To learn more, visit: https://www.digipen.edu/ .
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the Fine Arts Department to teach ART 300: Perspective, Backgrounds and Layouts in order to broaden the student’s overall design sensibilities within the entertainment spectrum. The instructor is responsible for delivery of educational materials, including lectures, demos, as well as evaluation and review of students, via homework, exams, or other indices.Adjunct Assistant Professor in Fine Art
Reports to: Rob Kmiec, Department Chair, Fine Arts
- Instruct students in ART 300: Perspective, Backgrounds and Layouts.
- Assist students in the development of environment designs that leverage their drawing, composition, value, and color knowledge, narrative instincts, research, and ability to polish.
- Assist students in integrating perspective and lighting to develop dynamic compositions of organic and inorganic objects.
- Demonstrate professional design pipelines and practices that assist students in meeting deadlines and developing potential portfolio pieces.
- Critique and offer both aesthetic and technical assistance at various stages of a student design.
- Provide insights based on industry experience and offer career advice.
Qualifications / Competencies
- Min BFA in Art or relevant academic experience
- Relevant experience in the subject matter area
- Specialized knowledge in Art and CG
- Skills in Word, PowerPoint and Moodle, Photoshop, Maya, Blender
- Team player and ability to solve problems independently
Teaching background or training experience, a plus.
Please provide the following to complete your application for the above position:
• A cover letter
• Current curriculum vitae / résumé
• Academic Transcripts of most recently attended educational institutions
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Inclusion and diversity statement
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and academic freedom are priorities of DigiPen Institute of Technology, as DigiPen endorses the goals of affirmative action and equal opportunity employment. The Institute's intent is to hire the most qualified individuals for faculty and staff, attracting candidates from diverse backgrounds of race and ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, socioeconomic status, veteran status, nationality, culture, religion, and physical abilities. We are committed to broadening our candidate pool to include more diverse individuals and ensuring fairness in hiring by avoiding bias and determining criteria to judge all candidates prior to posting each new position.