Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies
Thiel College seeks vibrant candidates to serve as members of the principal faculty in our Physician Assistant Studies program.
Principal faculty members collaborate with the Program Director to support the program’s mission and ensure compliance with ARC-PA accreditation standards. A dedicated passion for helping students reach their full potential in a supportive and inclusive environment is essential to this position. Responsibilities for 9- or 12- month tenure- track appointments include teaching, advising, student supervision, and professional development.
While Thiel College gives highest priority to teaching effectiveness, faculty members are expected to remain current in their field through professional development including attendance at related conferences, research, or other scholarly activities. A comprehensive employee benefit package, including research support and a sabbatical program, is provided. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Some teaching in a higher education setting preferred; effective communication and collaborative skills in a team-oriented environment, and history of successful time management
- A Master’s degree in Physician Assistant training from an ARC-PA accredited program or any of the following degrees MD, DO, CRNP, or PhD in a relevant field.
- If applicant is a PA, must have current NCCPA certification and current license or eligibility for licensing as a physician assistant in the State of Pennsylvania
- Knowledge of graduate level assessment of clinical education preferred
- Teach courses in the areas of clinical medicine
- Assist with student academic advising
- Curriculum development and syllabi construction to ensure student learning objectives are met
- Monitor student progress and contribute to remediation when necessary
- Participate in student clinical rotation call back days
- Assist with admission process including applicant review and interviews
- Assist with ARC-PA accreditation activities
- Maintain licensure and/or certification
- May participate in the identification and coordination of clinical rotations for students
To apply please submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a list of references. Click here to apply (preferred method), or mail application materials to: Jennifer Clark, Director of Human Resources, Thiel College, 75 College Avenue, Greenville, PA 16125.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience