Job no: 505718
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Student Services
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of University Housing Services (UHS), the Administrative Analyst manages a variety of projects and activities in support of the day-to-day management of UHS. The Analyst prepares communications on behalf of the Executive Director, conducts research, generates reports, and performs tasks involving information of a highly sensitive and confidential nature. In coordination with the Assistant Director for Administrative and Conference Services, the Administrative Analyst performs payroll and personnel functions. Additional activities include processing departmental travel requests, supplies orders and providing general administrative support. This position also works collaboratively with the Associate Directors on special projects and attends UHS management and other UHS meetings at the request of the Director.
- Coordinates management and implementation of projects and tasks as assigned by the Director and senior management housing team
- Leads and assists with special projects pertaining to day-to-day management and long-range strategic planning for UHS
- Coordinates department projects and events which may include survey administration, staff retreats, professional development workshop and professional organization related activities
- Works with Senior Housing Management and department Accountant regarding fiscal coordination, budget planning and reconciliations
- Conceptualizes and designs presentations for campus and community meetings, presentations and conferences.
- Provides key organizational support for department events and student programming efforts assisting with planning, development, logistics and implementation
- Assists with department assessment and evaluation efforts by compiling and analyzing data, and presenting findings from department surveys
- Serves as liaison with all University Personnel units (Payroll, Class/Comp, Recruiting, etc.) for all departmental staff transactions. Completes all required staff transactions for department including student staff appointment forms.
- Provides administrative support to Director and Associate Directors on confidential project work and maintains sensitive documents.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to collect and evaluate data, draw valid conclusions, and project consequences of various alternative courses of action.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge in operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects.
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple administrative and clerical tasks for a variety of users, set schedules, and complete projects accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a high degree of customer contact surrounding potentially emotional/controversial issues and deal with conflict while maintaining a sense of perspective and professionalism.
- Ability to respond to an emergency situation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications for students, staff, and external agencies.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Project management experience
- Experience producing reports
- Experience conducting research and analysis
- Experience working in an educational environment
- Experience providing administrative support
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,800/month - $5,000/month
Salary Range: $3,897/month - $7,051/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: October 29, 2021 through November 16, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to [email protected].
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: October 29, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled