Job no: 492598
Work type: Adjunct
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: Nursing, Adjunct
Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and teach courses online and/or on main campus. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
Maryville University is accepting applications for On-Ground Adjunct Nursing Instructors to teach in the following positions:
1) Undergraduate Theory: The responsibilities teaching pre-licensure undergraduate nursing students include theory courses to prepare nursing students for the role of a generalist nurse. Courses could include Health Assessment or Specialty courses. In keeping with the philosophy of Maryville University a candidate will have expertise in the subject area, clinical setting, and application nursing skills utilizing active learning strategies.
2) Nursing Learning Lab: The responsibilities teaching pre-licensure in the Maryville University Nursing Learning Lab. In this role you will serve to demonstrate nursing skills to undergraduate students and evaluate the nursing student’s ability to perform; fundamental, pharmacology, medical surgical nursing, and health assessment skills. In addition, coverage of open lab hours is also needed.
3) Clinical: The responsibilities of teaching clinical requires planning clinical assignments in advance of the clinical day. Each clinical course is led by a course coordinator to guide faculty in planning clinical assignments so that course and programmatic outcomes are attained Each clinical faculty must complete onboarding requirements with our clinical partners prior to the fist clinical day. Clinical instructors are needed for the following courses; Introduction to Clinical Practice, Nursing Care of the Adult I and II, Psychosocial Nursing, Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family, and Nursing Care of Children, and Public Health Nursing. Each clinical requires the faculty to evaluate the nursing care administered and review the required clinical paperwork submitted by the student.
• Master of Science in Nursing
• Minimum of two years’ current experience in nursing
• Current Missouri nursing license
• Candidates who are currently enrolled in an MSN program and have completed the Clinical Faculty Academy will be considered
• Available to teach on campus at our location in St. Louis, Missouri
• Experience in undergraduate nursing education
• Experience in simulation
• Experience using Canvas or other relevant online course delivery platform
• Experience with the electronic medical record
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: October 29, 2021
Applications close: Open until filled