: Part Time Non-Benefited PositionsDepartment:
: Workforce & Economic DevelopmentLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Oct 27, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: PT No BenefitsPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
The medical interpreter position will lead the coordination and instruction for the medical interpreter program and coordinate other faculty assignments within the specialty.
Primarily responsible for instructional preparation-of Medical Interpreter (MI) including remote lectures and in person lab classes.
- Provide instruction to MI students.
- Assist in student assessment for proper placement.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom or remotely.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives.
- Coordinate instructional topics and prepare students for internship and certification.
- Use new technologies in the classroom (in person and/or remote), as appropriate, to facilitate learning.
- Actively participate in on-going professional development.
- Maintain expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Maintain student records and update grades in LMS and /or SMS.
- Follow college academic requirements and protocols to ensure compliance.
- Min BA/BS related degree with experience in the field of over 5 years or industry recognize credential and significant experience over 10 years. Language proficiency in English and primary language for specific program.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask and meet specific deadlines.
- Experience with student practicum or internship preferred.
Salary range is $55.00 to $85.00 per hour based on experience and availability of funding.
Position open until filled.
Effective January 3, 2022, all Bunker Hill Community College employees will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless granted an accommodation.
Effective January 3, 2022, all Bunker Hill Community College employees will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, unless granted an accommodation.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE