Assistant Professor in Electrical EngineeringJob Posting Number:
Ingram School of EngineeringPosition Description:
Texas State University invites applications for a tenure-track Electrical Engineering faculty position at the Assistant Professor level. The position will begin in Fall 2022. The successful candidate will be expected to establish a program of externally funded collaborative research; exhibit a strong commitment to student-centered teaching and mentoring; teach courses in electrical and computer engineering; perform university and professional service. Required Qualifications:
Candidates should have experience in cyber-physical systems, embedded and reconfigurable systems, computer architecture, or advanced logic design and verification using hardware description languages. Candidates with expertise in other areas, including machine learning, deep learning, cybersecurity, networking, and control systems, will also be considered.
Applications must be submitted by November 30, 2021, to assure full consideration. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
- An earned doctorate in electrical and/or computer engineering or a closely related discipline.
- A strong track record in research demonstrated by publications in internationally recognized journals and conferences.
- Proven ability as an effective teacher in an academic environment with diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated experience with one or several of the following tools/technologies: Embedded Systems; ASIC; SoC and FPGA System Design; or Microprocessors.
- An ability to work collaboratively with faculty across multiple departments and programs.
- Industrial, commercialization and/or post-doctoral experience.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following tools/technologies: Cybersecurity, Machine/Deep Learning, Augmented and Virtual Reality, Networking and Control Systems.
- An ability to effectively mentor EE students at all levels.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/36590.Proposed Start Date:
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following materials by November 30, 2021.
1) Cover letter;
2) Curriculum vitae highlighting: a) List of professional and post-doctoral employments, b) List of published peer-reviewed articles, c) List of authored, funded research proposals, with funding amount and funding agency, d) List of courses taught, if any, as the Instructor of Record, and e) Other information as appropriate;
3) Statements of research interests;
4) Statements of teaching interests;
5) Unofficial transcripts; and
6) List of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Fall 2022Posting Date:
10/14/2021Full Consideration Date::
11/30/2021Open Until Filled?:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Reasonable Accommodation:
If you experience accessibility issues or require alternative formatting during the application process due to a disability or underlying condition, we request that you contact Faculty and Academic Resources for assistance at [email protected]. A representative from Faculty and Academic Resources will respond to you as soon as is possible.Record Checks and Verifications:
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.Eligibility for Employment:
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.Tobacco-Free Campus:
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.Why Work at Texas State?:
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Link: