Req ID: req10426 Position Title: Postdoctoral Fellow Position Type: Faculty Position Number: GF9846 OSU Campus: Center for Health Sciences - Tulsa Department: Center for Wellness and Recovery Location Address:
1013 E 66th Pl
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74136
United States Hiring Supervisor: Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 50,000.00 - 50,000.00, Salary Work Schedule: Typically 5 days/week, 8 hours/day Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: The Postdoctoral Fellow will be located in the department of Center for Wellness and Recovery at the new Hardesty Center for Clinical Research and Neuroscience. The Hardesty Center is a 26,000 square foot building devoted to supporting the OSU Biomedical Imaging Center and OSU's National Center for Wellness and Recovery, OSU Brain Initiative, and multiple large NIH-funded projects, including the Center for Integrative Research on Childhood Adversity (HBCD) study. The imaging center houses a new Siemens Prisma 3T, full fluid-based biomarker processing and long-term storage lab, psychophysiology, EEG, and fNIRS suites, and extensive clinical research space.
The fellow will focus on assisting in the leadership, collection, and analyses of data from clinical trials and clinical neuroscience research projects within the lab. Fellow will assist in preparation of NIH grant submissions, perform statistical analyses, with presentations and publication of findings.
Possible exposure to hazardous material, hot and cold, blood borne pathogens.
Ability to lift and carry 8-10 pounds, stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, and perform repetitive motions with or without reasonable accommodations.
(If you are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU job application website, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit a resume.) Special Instructions to Applicants Education & Experience
Position Qualifications: Required:
- Ph.D. in a field related to biomedical research
- Experience in neuroscience research
- Experience with Unix shell scripting and AFNI
- Experience in the collection and analysis of fluid-based biosamples (e.g. blood, saliva, etc.), particularly as they relate to genetics (e.g. DNA isolation, sequencing, etc.)
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in EnglishPreferred:
- Experience with MRI and peripheral experimental instrumentation
- Experience in neuroimaging data analysis Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit http://eeo.okstate.edu.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.