Program Support Specialist - Center for Teaching and Faculty Development
- Savannah State University
- Savannah State Recruiting Loc
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Professional Fields, Architecture & Urban Planning
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Clerical & Administrative Support
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: Savannah State Recruiting Loc
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 234510
Savannah State University established in 1890, is the first public historically black college or university in the state of Georgia and the first institution of higher learning in the city of Savannah. The university’s students select majors from four colleges — Business Administration, Education, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and Sciences and Technology. The campus is by far the most picturesque in the state of Georgia. The moss-laden sweeping oak trees, expansive marsh and historic architecture create a resplendent yet tranquil atmosphere. Beneath the beauty and splendor is a vibrant residential campus bursting at the seams with the vim and vigor of quality collegiate life: relevant academic majors, engaging lectures, cutting-edge research, quality student-faculty engagement and a nurturing environment.Job Summary Reporting to the Program Director of the Center for Teaching and Faculty Development (CTFD), the Program Support Specialist is the primary/front office point of contact as well as the travel/virtual workshop coordinator for the office. The Program Support Specialist greets and responds to in-person, phone and email inquiries directed to the CTFD as well as assists students, faculty, staff and visitors. This position also manages incoming and out-going correspondence and assists the Office of Academic Affairs with coordination of meeting space. Work is performed using a high degree of flexibility and operating in a fast paced, high volume office.Responsibilities
- Coordinate office correspondence; open, date stamp, and log all incoming correspondence and ensure timely routing of outgoing correspondence.Communicates with selected software for CTFD updates for digital website presence: (archived and current: committee meeting minutes, sign-in sheets, newsletters, calendar of events, faculty highlights and announcements).Coordinate travel requests and required documentation for CTFD; communicate with university travel coordinator and travel agency for timely implementation of travel authorities.Serve as the second point of contact for the CTFD budget.Ensure paperwork received for signature is reviewed and any issues are brought to the attention of the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.Route signed or approved paperwork to the appropriate offices and insure necessary supporting documentation is maintained within the office.Assist with calendar maintenance for the office.Participate in the coordination of administrative office functions.Serve in the implementation of special projects and events, such as digital Micro Badging System, digital Faculty Directory and other forms of record keeping.Review faculty implementation plans as needed.Attend selected virtual faculty development events as needed.Proof-reading communication broadcasts from the CTFD.May be directed to perform job related tasks other than those specifically delineated in this description.
- Bachelor's degree or other credentials from an accredited institution with equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) years of office related experience.
- Must possess high ability in follow-through, effective customer service and office organization.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (Charts, pivot tables, etc.) as well as additional web-based open source applications.
For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at [email protected]Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Savannah State University, as determined by Savannah State University, its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Savannah Stare University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Savannah State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Savannah State University, Office of Human Resources at [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Office of Human Resources at [email protected]Other Information
This is a grant funded position (Title III). Continued employment is contingent upon the availiability of funding.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert