Title:Adjunct Faculty - School of Business, Computer Science Location:Multiple Locations Job Category:Adjunct Faculty Department:School of Business (224005) Salary:Current SFT Adjunct Rate: $1,705 per credit = $6,802 per course Work Hours:As needed - days/evenings Posted Date:07/18/2019 Overview:Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu
. The School of Business at Stockton University is expanding its pool of qualified adjunct (part-time) instructors to teach a variety of undergraduate level courses in Computer Science
on our Galloway, Atlantic City and Manahawkin Campuses. Opportunities may exist to teach a flexible schedule that may include teaching assignments during days, evenings and weekends. The job will be posted continuously to expand Stockton University’s pool of qualified adjunct (part-time) instructors. Screening of applications are completed when open positions become available.
This is an in-person on campus, non-remote position. Successful candidates will be required to show proof of their COVID-19 vaccine status prior to their start date. Religious or Medical waivers may be requested at the time of employment offer.
Please visit the School of Business webpages (www.stockton.edu/busn) for additional information about our Programs and course offerings.
Adjunct instructors are expected to:
- Teach Undergraduate courses as scheduled
- Access student work and provide timely feedback
- Use Blackboard (the Learning Management System) to support the course
- The ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission
Master’s degree in subject or related area and/or relevant teaching experience in subject area is required.
Minimum Education Required:Master's Degree Required Documents:Curriculum Vitae, Letter of Interest, Resume, Unofficial Transcripts How To Apply:
The job will be posted continuously to expand Stockton University’s pool of qualified adjunct (part-time) instructors. Screening of applications are completed when open positions become available.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward.You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- A curriculum vitae or resume
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution and encourages a diverse pool of applicants. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (including, but not limited to, the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities. Please visit http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action for information on Stockton’s Equal Opportunity and Institutional Compliance processes. The University provides reasonable accommodations as appropriate. An applicant may request need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process by contacting Bart Musitano, Manager for University Pensions and Benefits within the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday – Friday between 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. Paper copies of the report are available at the Stockton University Police Department, Building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or, call 609-652-4390 to request that a copy via postal mail.