Title:Adjunct Faculty - School of Health Science - Exercise Science Program Job Category:Adjunct Faculty Department:School of Health Sciences (220000) Salary:Current SFT Adjunct Rate: $1575 per credit = $6300 per course Work Hours:Must be flexible Posted Date:03/19/2019 Overview:Stockton University is ranked among the top public universities in the Northeast with more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as continuing education opportunities. The University, one hour from Philadelphia and two hours from New York City, offers unique living and learning environments throughout southern New Jersey, including the 1,600 acre Galloway campus in the Pinelands National Reserve and Stockton University Atlantic City, located in the University District, just steps from the beach and the iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk. Additional locations include Hammonton, Manahawkin and Woodbine. As a public university, Stockton provides an environment for excellence to a diverse student body, including those from underrepresented populations, through an interdisciplinary approach to liberal arts, sciences and professional education. Founded in 1969, Stockton held its first classes in 1971. The University’s commitment to cultural diversity and its welcoming and vibrant community makes Stockton a great place to learn and work! Learn more about the many reasons to choose Stockton at www.Stockton.edu
. The Exercise Science Program of School in the School of Health Sciences at Stockton University is expanding its pool of qualified adjunct instructors to teach courses in Exercise Science and related areas. The job will be posted continuously to expand Stockton University’s pool of qualified adjunct (part-time) instructors. Screening of applications are completed when open positions become available.
This is an in-person on campus, non-remote position. As a condition of employment, you are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 for medical or religious reasons, or reasons related to a current pregnancy, you may submit a waiver request. If you are approved for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, you will be required to wear a mask while indoors on campus when you cannot be socially distanced, and you will be required to be tested for COVID-19 by the University on a regular schedule.
Opportunities may exist to teach a flexible schedule that may include teaching assignments during days and evenings. For information about the program and course offerings, please visit the Exercise Science Program webpage (https://stockton.edu/health-sciences/exercise-science.html)
Master's degree in subject or related area and/or relevant teaching experience in subject area.
Required Documents:Curriculum Vitae, Letter of Interest How To Apply:
The job will be posted continuously to expand Stockton University’s pool of qualified adjunct (part-time) instructors. Screening of applications are completed when open positions become available.
Please Note: You must complete the on-line application and then upload the required documents in order for your application to move forward. The following documents are required.
A letter of interest documenting how you meet the required qualifications and program/course interestCurriculum vitae and a copy of any relevant certificationsA list of 3 references (included in the application): Name, Company/Address, Email address and Phone Please note:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check, which may include social intelligence from a consumer reporting agency.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: the Office of Human Resources (Main Campus, J-115) at 609-652-4384, Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions (faculty exempt) are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Clery Act), prospective employees may access Stockton’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is available at https://www.stockton.edu/police/crime-statistics.html. The ASFSR contains the previous three years of reported Clery Act crime statistics, fire safety information and information regarding campus and personal safety. If you would like a paper copy of the report, please visit the Stockton University Police Department, building 71, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway Township, NJ, or call 609-652-4390, to request that a copy be mailed to you.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.