Location: Boston, MA Category: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions Posted On: Wed Oct 27 2021 Job Description:
Job title: Medical Interpreter Instructor-Workforce & Economic Development (non-benefited)
The medical interpreter position will lead the coordination and instruction for the medical interpreter program and coordinate other faculty assignments within the specialty.
Primarily responsible for instructional preparation-of Medical Interpreter (MI) including remote lectures and in person lab classes.
- Provide instruction to MI students.
- Assist in student assessment for proper placement.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom or remotely.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives.
- Coordinate instructional topics and prepare students for internship and certification.
- Use new technologies in the classroom (in person and/or remote), as appropriate, to facilitate learning.
- Actively participate in on-going professional development.
- Maintain expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Maintain student records and update grades in LMS and /or SMS.
- Follow college academic requirements and protocols to ensure compliance.
- Min BA/BS related degree with experience in the field of over 5 years or industry recognize credential and significant experience over 10 years. Language proficiency in English and primary language for specific program.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask and meet specific deadlines.
- Experience with student practicum or internship preferred.
Salary range is $55.00 to $85.00 per hour based on experience and availability of funding.
Position open until filled.
Effective January 3, 2022, all Bunker Hill Community College employees will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless granted an accommodation.