Reporting directly to the President, the inaugural Director of Integrated Marketing leads a newly established office that will deliver specialized marketing services promoting the value of Catholic liberal education. In support of the design and execution of inter and intra-departmental marketing and communications efforts, the Director will implement mission-focused priorities identified by the University strategic plan. The Director of Integrated Marketing will be supported by and collaborate with a team that will serve as the engine of institutional marketing and will develop and ensure a consistent brand message that is delivered to Assumption’s key constituencies and executing on the main components of the marketing plan. The Director of Integrated Marketing works closely with an Executive Marketing Council to unify, streamline, and amplify Assumption’s mission and execute strategic priorities to create a differentiated and powerful brand that will drive the University’s economic growth and visibility footprint. The Director needs to collaborate with colleagues to understand the needs and interests of our key audiences including faculty and staff across the institution, prospective students and families, alumni partners, and other external stakeholders.
- Lead the Office of Integrated Marketing in advancing the mission, vision, and values of the University as a comprehensive Catholic liberal arts institution sponsored by the Augustinians of the Assumption.
- Promote and advance the mission of the University and the agreed upon strategic objectives of the University.
- Implement the Assumption brand identity in collaboration with the Strategic Plan’s Educational Mission Implementation Team.
- Centralize the University’s marketing efforts for a unified message in all communications throughout the various departments and schools.
- Recommend to the President new processes and concepts for new, dynamic marketing messaging.
- Provide leadership for an integrated marketing team that includes: Content Marketing Specialist, Web Content Manager, Social Media Specialist, a Front-End Web Developer, Director of Enrollment Marketing and Assistant Director of Enrollment Marketing. In addition, the office receives support of the Assistant Director for Athletics Communication and the Advancement and Alumni Engagement Coordinator.
- Lead the construction and implementation of an institutional marketing strategy and the identification of key performance indicators.
- Chair the Executive Marketing Council.
- Assess current and future market research and data analytics to advance the strategic initiatives of the University in alignment with institutional marketing plan.
- Work in close collaboration with the Executive Director of Communications and Media Relations to integrate the digital content of the Alumni Magazine and other content on the Assumption University website.
- Responsible for website content development and management in partnership with CIO and team.
- Oversee the social media accounts, strategy and execution for the University.
- Manage vendor relationships of web content and marketing agencies.
- Make recommendations for and manage respective budget items related to marketing, web agency budgets and ensure alignment with department goals.
- Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the University as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption University.
- Experience in creating results-oriented marketing plans.
- Experience in leading teams and gaining buy-in across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to message a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable working in a high-paced environment.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, marketing, communications or a directly related field from an accredited institution. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in marketing and a record of achievement in positions of increasing scope.
- Regularly leads or serves on a variety of campus committees and ad-hoc committees as assigned.
- Interacts regularly with a variety of committees, students, staff, administrators, and parents.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Assumption University is a comprehensive, Catholic liberal arts institution sponsored by the Augustinians of the Assumption. We awaken in students a sense of wonder, discovery, and purpose, forming graduates known for their intellectual seriousness, thoughtful citizenship, and devotion to the common good. Our curricular and co-curricular programs provide students with an education that shapes their souls, forms them intellectually, and prepares them for meaningful careers. We are a diverse community that welcomes different points of view and embraces all who share our mission. Enlivened by the Catholic affirmation of the harmony of faith and reason and by the pursuit of the truth in the company of friends, an Assumption education transforms the minds and hearts of students. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Assumption favors diversity, ecumenically welcomes all who share its goals, and strongly encourages applicants from underrepresented racial minorities to apply.
Apply on line only: https://www.assumption.edu/hr