Director of Resolution Services, Grand River Solutions, Inc.
Reporting to the Managing Directors, the Director of Resolution Services provides leadership, direction, and management for all Grand River Solutions resolution processes, including investigations, hearings, informal or alternative resolutions, and appeals. These resolution processes include but are not limited to Title IX, harassment and discrimination, workplace misconduct or abusive behavior, retaliation and bullying.
The Director will have a strong understanding of investigation and resolution processes, and experience conducting or coordinating all forms of complaint resolution, experience managing staff and a record of promoting growth both for individual contributors and organizations as a whole.
The Director of Resolution Services will oversee all resolutions to ensure timely completion, and to ensure that GRS work product standards are consistently met. The Director of Resolution Services will contribute to the growth and development of all GRS resolution specialists, to ensure they are effectively trained and utilized, and that they have the training and tools necessary to ensure quality and consistency of resolution processes. The Director of Resolution Services shall gather feedback and information from Directors of Client Relations regarding client satisfaction and will then work directly with Solutions Specialists as needed to improve skills or standards. This role is also responsible for the development of internal training programs or materials to enhance technical skills for Solutions Specialists. The Director of Resolution Services will regularly interact with relevant senior management regarding budgets, utilization rates, forecasting, strategy, and hiring plans.
- Staff Management (investigation, hearing, appeal, informal or other resolution), including onboarding of new Solutions Specialists, ensuring provision of appropriate training, and assigning staff to resolution assignments
- Forecast staffing needs
- Review staff utilization rates and when needed make appropriate adjustments to staff assignments in or to meet utilization target rates as set by executive leadership
- Manage complaint resolution timelines for each complaint resolution project to ensure timely delivery of work product to client
- Take steps to ensure Solutions Specialists are appropriately trained and use best practices
- Ensure work product adheres to GRS Standards and the GRS Quality Assurance Process
- Review all work product reports prior to submission to client
- Oversee the GRS Quality Assurance process
- Draft or revise internal processes and procedures to ensure consistency of work product
- Provide staff support and assistance as needed including providing mentoring, coaching and assistance with completion of work
- Conduct employee evaluations and improvement/development plans as needed and appropriate
- When needed, conduct investigation, hearing, or other resolution process
- Demonstrated ability to build or enhance a company-wide program, department or unit
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a collaborative environment, to exercise good judgment, and to bring about consensus among groups possessing diverse opinions
- Strong investigation background and demonstrated experience in conducting investigations as follows: managing investigations from start to finish, including the intake triage process, preliminary background research, investigation planning, interviewing and report drafting
- Experience conducting or overseeing other resolutions, including hearings, alternative resolutions, appeals
- Experience managing a team of experienced investigators and/or hearing officers, providing timely feedback, training and professional development.
- The ability to organize and prioritize projects, establish and/or maintain documentation and recordkeeping standards consistent with best practices, and manage multiple/competing deadlines and priorities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize projects for completion in a timely manner
- Excellent qualitative and analytical skills as shown by work experience that demonstrates ability to identify, analyze and investigate potential problems; propose and develop action plans; and implement a plan to resolve identified issues.
- Prior supervisory and/or management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and /or equivalent experience / training is required
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working with a wide range of policies in the higher education environment.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please email a cover letter and resume. Please include preferred salary requirements. A writing sample will be requested from those under consideration.
Benefits: Grand Rivers Solutions offers a benefits package to our full time employees, including health, life, and disability insurance, retirement plans, and stock options.
Equal Opportunity Statement: Grand River Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority and under-represented group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodation: If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact [email protected]
Work Authorization As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.