About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2021-172Posting Start Date:
Masters Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Adjunct Faculty- Criminal JusticeDescription/Job Summary
BCCC invites qualified candidates to apply for our part-time faculty position to teach in the Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement/Correctional Administration programs course this upcoming Spring 2022 semester. Part-time appointments made on a semester-by-semester (as needed) basis.
Overview of position: Summary of positions responsibilities
- Teach assigned course which may include day, night, face to face, and online courses. Classes are to meet on time for the full allotted time.
- Establish and promote an effective learning environment that maximize documented student learning.
- Submits required college reports and forms in a timely manner.
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines.
- Meets with and advises students either before or after class or by appointment, electronic communication, or other appropriate methods.
- Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required.
- Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in the teaching discipline or a master’s degree in a related field with 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline.
- Teaching experience preferred
- Employment in a related field preferred
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail