The George Mason University Office of the Registrar invites applications for an Operations Specialist. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining accurate degree evaluations. The position also requires performing automated and manual degree compliance reviews. The incumbent’s main duties include, but are not limited to:
Provide high-quality customer service in all aspects of the position in spite of often difficult and aggressive student and faculty clientele.
Serve as a customer service representative of the Registrar’s Office. Provide high-quality customer service in all aspects of the position. Say “yes” to customer requests as often as possible, within the bounds of university policy. Listen for the unspoken part of questions or dilemmas. Offer alternative creative solutions. Follow through in a timely manner. Be aware of record confidentiality. Follow FERPA when communicating with students, parents, and faculty.
Serve as a front-line Operations representative in the Office of the Registrar. Assist students, faculty, and staff with detailed issues related to Registration, Records, Transcripts, and Graduation. Answer initial inquiries regarding Admissions, Certifications, and Domicile.
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Customer service experience, especially with an assertive clientele;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to employ logic to solve problems;
- Demonstrated ability to process large volumes of work, while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- Experience with degree evaluation and/or student information system software; and Detail-oriented.
- Experience with the Ellucian Banner student information system;
- Experience with the Salesforce CRM;
- Experience with academic programs and their requirements; and
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position will remain open until filled. For priority consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00071Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.