Career Specialist (Grant FT)
Career Specialist (Grant FT)Department:
Perkins Career & Tech Ed GrantCampus
: College WideAdditional Information:
REPOSTING. This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than November 5, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This position is partially funded by the Perkins Grant. Continued employment is contingent on sufficient future funding. This grant may be renewed. There are two positions available: one is located at Allegheny Campus and the other at North Campus.Benefits:
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.Salary Grade:
Admin 10 - $35,765Job Category:
Grant Funded Full-TimeJob Slot:
G288, G291Job Open Date:
10/22/2021Job Close Date: General Summary:
To provide targeted workforce and job readiness services to both job seekers and employers. To provide job search assistance to career students, as required by the Perkins Grant. Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, higher education, or a related field and working experience in career services, job development, or job readiness. Experience working with diverse populations, knowledge of the Pittsburgh job market as well as community support services. Must have strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with students, staff, faculty, employers, and within the community. A working knowledge and ability to adapt to new technology to deliver services both virtually and on-site is required. Must be available for evenings and weekends as required. Valid PA driver's license required.Duties: Common Tasks
1. Ask. Listen. Solve.
2. Provide job search assistance via individual appointments, workshops, classroom presentations, telephone, email and the other emerging communication technologies.
3. Builds partnerships with faculty, other departments and the community.
4. Communicates effectively with the college community to promote activities, services, and events.
5. Market Workforce and Job Readiness activities and services internally to students, staff and faculty and externally to community organizations and local businesses.
6. Facilitate communication and collaboration with faculty, administration, and job seekers to keep all parties current on employment issues, processes, expectations, and opportunities.
7. Notify job seekers about internship, part-time, full-time, temporary and other volunteer and experiential learning opportunities.
8. Provide services to employers such as job postings, opportunities to recruit, candidate referral, and space for interviewing.
9. Support the overall Workforce and Job Readiness and Perkins Grant goals and objectives by remaining flexible and adjusting services to meet requirements.
10. Maintain data/records and generate reports as needed by the College and the Perkins Grant.
11. Provide services to students in the evenings and on weekends as assigned.
12. Participate in staff professional development activities.
13. Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.Perkins Tasks
1. Work with CTE students, alumni to develop skills related to job readiness in the workforce.
2. Maintain knowledgeable about training and education opportunities.
3. Work with CTE students to support non-traditional career pathways.
4. Work with CTE students to improve employability skills.
5. Performs other related Perkins duties as required or as assigned.College Tasks
1. Work with non-CTE students, alumni, and community members to develop skills related to job readiness in the workforce.
2. Provides support to the Directors of Workforce and Job Readiness and staff in support of the department's mission and goals.
3. Learn and utilize processes, procedures and technology in support of the department's services.
4. Maintain knowledgeable about training and education opportunities, as well as community resources and support system to supplement college related services.
5. Facilitate services on-site and virtually in support of the department.
6. Participate on campus and system-wide committees as requested or required.
7. Work on enrollment management and retention initiatives.
8. Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.Clearances:
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=944
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency