Associate Dean of Business and Technologies (Reg FT)
Associate Dean of Business and Technologies (Reg FT)Department:
: College WideAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than November 5, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.Benefits:
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply. Salary Grade:
Admin 18 - $76,955Job Category:
Regular Full-TimeJob Slot:
5966Job Open Date:
10/22/2021Job Close Date: General Summary:
Supervises day-to-day activities related to the efficient and effective leadership of the business and information technology division including student issues, faculty schedules, course schedules, room schedules, supervision of staff, and community collaboration. This position will also supervise faculty in the division with regard to their placement, training, and evaluation. Requirements:
A master's degree (Ph.D. preferred) in a business, information technology, engineering, or allied discipline and a minimum of five years of related experience is required. Substantial experience teaching at the college-level is required (full time, tenure track preferred). Previous administrative experience as a director, department chair, or an assistant/associate dean is required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple projects and problems simultaneously as well as manage people and difficult situations in a reasonable and humanistic manner. Candidates must also have the confidence and willingness to learn new things related to the responsibilities of the dean and the disciplines and programs offered. Candidates must possess the ability to supervise faculty and a demonstrated commitment to building a community whose members advance equity, diversity, and inclusion. Duties:
1. Supports the Dean in the successful deployment of strategic initiatives, including the design, implementation, support, and continuous improvement of programs and services of the disciplines within the division.
2. Provides oversight for day-to-day support for division faculty college wide; addresses in a timely manner faculty requests, issues and concerns. Informs the Dean of issues as appropriate;
3. Hires and reviews assignments for a diverse workforce of adjunct faculty; assists with searches to fill full-time faculty positions;
4. Supervises and conducts all needed evaluations including classroom observations, portfolio reviews and review of assigned duties and responsibilities; updates records; personnel files and other documentation as required by collective bargaining agreements; oversees the administration of the survey of student opinion and the review of course outlines;
5. Provides support for assessment procedures and program reviews for courses and programs in the division and ensures compliance with institutional assessment standards.
6. Collaborates with program faculty to ensure program quality and effectiveness and to promote student learning, student satisfaction, and student retention across student populations.
7. Supports faculty development activities and assists in securing needed resources;
8. Monitors course schedules to meet student needs based on demand, resources, technology, and facilities. With the dean, reviews and coordinates the sequencing of programs and scheduling of courses for the Business and Technologies division in all modalities and in all facilities
9. Participates in budget development for the division.
10. Fosters off-site learning and program development including at businesses and school districts to advance the mission of the division.
11. Represents the Dean in their absence at college meetings, committees, and other official functions.
12. Travels to various campuses, centers, and additional locations to facilitate academic operations.
13. Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the dean. Clearances:
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=942
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency