Requisition Number:34338Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:FacultySchedule:Full-TimeDate Posted:22-Oct-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe Division of Organizational Leadership
and Information Analytics within the Leeds School of Business
at the University of Colorado at Boulder seeks two experienced or new Assistant Professors in Analytics and Information Management
beginning August 2022.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe University of Colorado Boulder and the city of Boulder, offer a rich intellectual, cultural, recreational, and family-friendly environment. Boulder was ranked the #1 best place to live for in U.S. News and World Report for 2021 and has ranked as America’s smartest (Forbes), happiest (National Geographic) and healthiest (Gallup) city. The University of Colorado and the Leeds School of Business are nationally recognized for the excellence of our faculty, programs, and students. U.S. News and World Report 2022 ranking found Leeds as the 20th best public business school for undergraduate programs. By joining the Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics (OLIA) Division at Leeds, you will be part of a collegial and productive group of scholars with the highest standards of research and teaching excellence.
The Leeds School of Business is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive educational environment and the University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from members of groups underrepresented in academia including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeThe candidates will engage students and faculty from diverse disciplines and actively participate in curriculum development and other programmatic initiatives that encourage curiosity and creativity within research and learning. The position provides an opportunity to engage with a breadth of technology initiatives and departments, including Computer Science
, Information Science
, and Silicon Flatirons
as well as seventeen federal laboratories located in Boulder. What We Can OfferPending funding approval, the salary for these positions are $155,000.00 - $165,000.00.BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe accomplished. Be visionary. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Ph.D. degree in information systems, information science, computer science, or other related disciplines. Doctoral students near completion of their degree will also be considered.
- Research demonstrating a design science research or machine learning approach to the application or development of big and unstructured data, cognitive computing, or visualization and discovery.
- Strong understanding of design science, business analytics/data science, statistics, and methods.
- Ability to publish original research in the top information systems journals.
- Teaching ability in technology design, visualization, business data management, business analytics, big data, artificial intelligence, enterprise systems, blockchain, or related topics.
What You Will Need
- Understanding of the industrial reality of technology.
- Views technology as a tool in their research and teaching, but seek out unorthodox and unique approaches.
- Thinks creatively, critically and conceptually about technological practices.
What We Would Like You To HaveExperience teaching at the undergraduate, master, and doctoral levels.Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research Philosophy
- Teaching/Course Evaluations
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for three references who will be contacted to provide letters of recommendation as the search progresses. For full consideration, applications must be submitted by December 1st, 2021, but applications are evaluated on a rolling basis, and the position may be filled before this date. Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]