Requisition Number:34363Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:FacultySchedule:Full-TimeDate Posted:22-Oct-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe Leeds School of Business
at the University of Colorado at Boulder is announcing the opening of a full-time Instructor
(non-tenure-track) beginning January or August 2022. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on the University of Colorado pay scale.
The Division of Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics within the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado at Boulder seeks an instructor or senior instructor to teach topics in programming, data management, machine learning, and other courses relevant to applicant background or intuitional needs.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe University of Colorado Boulder and the city of Boulder, offer a rich intellectual, cultural, recreational, and family-friendly environment. The Boulder area is regularly recognized as one of the most desirable places to live in the US and the University of Colorado and the Leeds School of Business are nationally recognized for the excellence of our faculty, programs, and students. By joining the Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics (OLIA) Division at Leeds, you will be part of a collegial and productive group of scholars with the highest standards of research and teaching excellence.
The Leeds School of Business is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive educational environment and the University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from members of groups underrepresented in academia including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeTeach topics in programming, data management, machine learning, and other courses relevant to applicant background or intuitional needs. Instructors typically teach seven classes a year and engage in service activities.What We Can OfferThe salary range for this position is $70,000 - $85,000.BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe ambitious. Be strategic. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in programming (Python), data management (SQL), data transformation, business intelligence, business analytics, and machine learning.
- Teaching experience in one or more of the topics mentioned above.
- Masters degree in information systems, information science, computer science, or other related discipline.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Additional knowledge of unstructured data management (e.g., Hadoop and Spark), deep learning, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, information security, etc.
- Experience in curriculum and programmatic development.
- Experience teaching at an undergraduate and master’s level.
- Experience advising students.
- A Ph.D. degree in information systems, information science, computer science, or another related discipline is preferred.
- Industry and/or government experience.
- Statistics teaching experience is a plus.
- Experience in Hybrid and On-Line Teaching Environments.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Records of Teaching Performance Evaluation (if submitting multiple, combine into one PDF)
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for three references who will be contacted to provide letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]