Job no: 518719
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Department:10020000 - SCM-STRATEGIC COMM & MARKETING
Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist is a member of University’s integrated Marketing and Communications teams. This role reports to the Associate Director of Communications and Marketing for Social Media within the marketing team. The Social Media Specialist will work collaboratively with members of SCM and coordinate University presence across all UF central social media channels and on the main UFL.edu website. This position will assist in content generation and implementation of social media plans, research market trends, implement branding strategies through participation in online activities while also watching brand sentiment and monitoring social mentions and interactions with UF brand, protecting, and projecting the brand.
The duties include:
- Assist the Associate Director in the development of a social media content
- Assist in the regular management of the social content calendar with measured performance (KPIs) annually supporting strategic imperatives of UF.
- Author and monitoring of university social media channels, creating daily posts, responding to comments and messages, and expand the university’s audience in line with content calendar.
- Assist in social media collaborations across UF’s growing social media accounts.
- Leverage Falcon daily and assist in the development of successful tracking and social management practices inside Falcon.
- Serve as the back-up on main channel accounts for the Associate Director.
- Represent the university brand across all platforms and messaging.
- Provide consistent informed suggestions on how to improve targeted social media content strategy and paid social media campaigns
- Identifies and analyzes issues, patterns and trends in customer requests and product performance. Transfers information to appropriate department so they can respond accordingly.
- Monitors online conversations and participates in them to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Assisting the Associate Director of Digital Marketing with digital content marketing efforts as requested
- Develop content evolving key news and marketing strategies, lifting UF news for greater national and internal brand awareness
- Assists in the research, planning and implementation of initiatives to advance the university through participation in web-based social media.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and appropriate experience.
- Degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or related field with writing abilities, and professional publications or editorial experience.
- Creative thinking and ability to work without a lot of direct oversight but an understanding of the responsibility of being a key author for the UF story.
Demonstrated experience producing and directing social media.
Knowledge of social media platforms, with paid and earned content development experience.
- Prior experience in communications/digital marketing, higher education or related areas
Ability to multi-task and work under shifting deadlines and respond to social media needs outside of “normal” office hours.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- A proficiency in communicating effectively with diverse audiences in conversations and through documents.
- The ability to work strategically, develop and implement social media campaigns and activities.
- Web project management skills.
- The ability to problem-solve, using investigative research and analytical skills to develop and implement creative solutions.
- The ability to take initiative, accurately establish priorities, complete complex assignments in a timely manner, and adapt quickly to changing needs and conflicting challenges.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various digital communications and social media software and platforms, including content management systems and digital publishing tools.
- A sophisticated understanding of digital audiences and fluency in best practice tools and techniques for digital communications.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service oriented attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively and a team player.
- Competency in problem solving.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; excellent strategic planning and project management skills; experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others are required.
- Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of Google Search Console, Analytics, Tag Manager and SEO tools along with Facebook Ad Manager, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ad Manager and Mail Chimp.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume, cover letter and a list of professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 04 Jan 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled