Job location: Pasadena, CA Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R0006979 Job Description:
The Cultural and Family Psychology Department is currently seeking outstanding Practitioners-Scholars to join our diverse pool of Adjunct Faculty for the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters.
The adjunct faculty position will provide instruction in the B.A. Community Psychology degree programs in the online format. This position will report directly to the Associate Dean of Cultural and Family Psychology, who is based out of the main campus in Pasadena.
Examples of the Community Psychology program courses available for teaching assignments:
- Introduction to Community Psychology
- Mapping Communities
- Psychology of Culture, Power, and Inequality
- Community Mental Health
- Principles of Field/Action Research
- Teaching undergraduate students in a specific field of expertise
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Planning and creating lectures, in-class discussions and assignments
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments and examinations
- Post grades per scheduled deadlines.
- Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum
- Advising students on how to be successful in class
- Become proficient (training offered) in Canvas (the learning management system)
- Participate in CFP adjunct faculty meetings once per academic year while teaching
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field
- NOTE: You will be required to go through training before teaching assignment starts to introduce the PO Pedagogy, Canvas LMS, Assessment of student learning etc.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Presence in the online classroom a MINIMUM of 4 days per week including weekends
- Ability to conduct one mandatory Zoom session during the first week of the term. Grade and provide feedback on all assignments within 5 days of the due date
- Facilitate and participate in the weekly discussion postings
- Actively respond to student emails and requests within 24-48 hours
- Contribute to the course content using current events, current research articles, videos and other materials
- Post final grades by the College deadline
- Prepare and update course prior to the course start
- Provide weekly announcements and overviews for each week of the course
- WEBCAM use and video for Zoom, weekly overviews and other activities in the classroom.
- Identify and refer at-risk students to academic support services
- Participate in Adjunct trainings, meetings, events and other College requirements
- PhD degree preferred, Master’s degree required in Community Psychology, Psychology or degree required in specific disciplines listed.
- Teaching experience and/or a minimum of 3 years’ clinical experience
- Exemplary professional experience
- Communicate effectively using Canvas, Pacific Oaks College’s learning management system
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to support the mission of Pacific Oaks College
- Desire to teach in Culture-centered Model
- Licensure in Field for certain selected courses
Please include the following attachments with your online application to be considered for this position:
CV and cover letter.
2 recent letters of recommendation (within the last 1-2 years).
Highest degree unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hiring).
Typical Working Conditions (Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, etc.)
Equipment Used: (List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions.) Computer/Laptop, Webcam, Whiteboard
Essential Physical Tasks: (List all physical tasks encountered in performing essential functions.) – see Analysis worksheet on last page on this document.
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.