DescriptionHealth Care Program ManagerDepartment of Pediatrics, Hemophilia &Thrombosis Center, School of MedicinePharmacy/340B Program ManagerPosition #00790509 - Requisition #23402
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Pharmacy Manager position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work
The Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center (HTC) is a specialized disease management center within the School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics. It provides direct comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services to 2000 patients with rare chronic bleeding and clotting disorders throughout a multiple state region. The unit is comprised of clinic services, laboratory services, pharmacy services, research services and patient support programs. The HTC operates a specialty pharmacy limited to serving the HTC patients with bleeding and clotting disorders, currently providing bleeding disorder factor products and related medications throughout a multi-state area. The pharmacy program is a critical funding component for the center. The Pharmacy/340B Program Manager is a member of the HTC’s multidisciplinary team and is responsible for day-to-day operations of the HTC pharmacy, supervision of all pharmacy personnel, development of new pharmacy programs to better serve the patient population, integration of the pharmacy section into the center's clinical functions, fiscal accountability for a pharmacy budget, oversight and management of pharmacy functions related to the center’s research studies compliance with all appropriate regulations and regulatory agencies, meeting Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation standards, participation in managed care marketing of the program, and oversight of the 340B Program.Duties:
- Supervise Daily Pharmacy Operations: Establish goals and objectives for all employees; manage scheduling of all employees, allocation of resources, and distribution of workload in order to achieve efficiencies of operation; provide backup staffing as necessary; share on call 24/7 pager responsibility as required with additional compensation.
- Ensure regulatory and standards compliance in all areas of pharmacy practice, including the 340B Program, State Boards of Pharmacy, DEA, FDA, Medicare and Medicaid
- Manage budget and inventory to acceptable fiscal standards of the university
- Co-develop presentations and contribute to managed care marketing and education regarding bleeding disorders care and drug treatment
- Guide and direct pharmacy participation and contribution in the research activities of the Center, including investigational drug management and compliance
- Integrate the clinical practice of pharmacy into the Center's inter-disciplinary team, which will include patient counseling and education, development of drug information tools for patient management, and case management team
- Develop necessary database tools to collect, analyze and report clinical data, utilization data and operational and financial data for pharmacy services
- Liaison and represent the organization and develop collaborations on the AMC campus, including affiliate institutions and School of Pharmacy
- Develop all policies and procedures necessary to achieve and maintain successful healthcare organization accreditation status
- Maintain licensure requirements in all states that the pharmacy provides services as required by regulations
- Maintain industry relations with business partners providing products to the pharmacy.
Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Conditions of Employment:
- Graduation from an accredited school of pharmacy with a PharmD degree
- Licensed pharmacist (current and unrestricted) in the state of Colorado
- Licensed pharmacist (current and unrestricted) in all states in which the Pharmacy is registered, as required by that state. Will be required to obtain other state licenses by reciprocity as necessary.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience practice in pharmacy
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in specialty or home infusion pharmacy practice
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience with 340B Pharmacy Drug Program management and auditing
- Must successfully pass a drug test through CHCO.
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check.
Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to provide a leadership contribution to the HTC, both directly to the pharmacy section and the HTC in general.
- Must have outstanding communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally.
- Analytical skills necessary to critically evaluate information and problems and then arrive at solutions is required.
- Possess a strong orientation toward patient service and support, and an understanding of bleeding disorders, in order to guide the culture of the organization towards a service orientation at all levels of positions.
- Must possess organization skills that can proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources and time.
- Knowledge or experience in the development and implementation of pharmacy regulations
- Experience with specialty pharmacy accreditation standards Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and pharmacy software applications
- Experience in working in institutional electronic medical record (EMR) and Specialty Pharmacy clinical patient management software system
- Knowledge and experience in Sterile and Non-Sterile compounding in compliance with state, federal and USP standards and regulations
- Direct patient counseling experience
- Experience in meeting and maintaining standards for Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation with at least two accrediting organizations.
- Experience in directing Quality Management Program for pharmacy to include quality metrics, event reporting, and pharmacy quality improvement projects.
- Experience with management of budgets and financial processes in pharmacy, such as purchasing, inventory management, patient assistance programs, and payer relations
Salary and Benefits:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in management and/or supervision with supervising a minimum of 4 employees
- Experience with investigational drug studies
- Experience in Disease Management
- Experience in university setting.
- Experience in working with pharmacy students, interns and residents.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $159,722 to $177,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Job Category:
Health CarePrimary Location:
Oct 22, 2021Unposting Date: