DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusCU InnovationsData Strategy & Innovation Program Director Position #790744 – Requisition #23393
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.CU Innovations has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Data Strategy & Innovation Program Director position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
. Department Summary:
CU Innovations is taking a cutting-edge approach to tackling healthcare’s biggest problems. We are a learning laboratory where the latest data science is used to create products that will disrupt the existing healthcare model. Working with leading researchers, clinicians from UCHealth and Children’s Hospital Colorado, and industry partners, we work to accelerate data-driven applications and new technological innovations with the goal of creating a healthcare system that is equitable, integrated, personalized and affordable for everyone. Job Summary:
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support of research activities. Functions include contracts and grants solicitation and administration, grant/agreement preparation, review and negotiation, regulatory compliance, sponsor communication and post and pre award management, human subject compliance, research animal management, research laboratory coordination and instruction, environmental health and safety, radiation control, hazardous materials use, disposal and training.Program Directors are responsible for the ongoing leadership and oversight of a program or function, including the Development of strategies and processes which contribute to the University and/or campus mission and accountability for services provided. These positions typically do not supervise others.The Data Strategy and Innovation Program Director will be the strategic product leader charged with both setting vision for our data science innovation programs and working hands-on to make that vision a reality. Taking existing and less mature processes and programs and evolving them to better serve the institutions on the Anschutz Medical Campus. The Data Strategy and Innovation Program Director will drive improvements to our organization's research capabilities through both increasing access to expanded data assets as well as increasing understanding of healthcare, healthcare data and data management, data-oriented technologies and AI/ML techniques to create the next generation of products that will transform healthcare.The Data Strategy and Innovation Program Director will work with stakeholders across the Anschutz Medical Campus and our industry partners to identify key strategic initiatives and execute on key programs that will advance the innovation strategy of our hospital partners and the university.The Data Strategy and Innovation Program Director will have accountability for developing and operating programs for productizing the process of identifying and prioritizing strategic data needs, sourcing internal and external data assets, and developing a re-usable contracting processes. They will work with Data Strategy colleagues to develop a re-usable method for data use case collection and ROI analysis, and will then put those programs in operation to identify, secure and intake new data assets for research use, acting as a strategic partner to business owners. The Data Strategy and Innovation Program Director will be as comfortable developing and delivering detailed, complex project plans as developing executive-facing presentations. This role will have responsibility for partnering with leaders in UCHealth, Children’s Hospital Colorado, CU Medicine and the University of Colorado, School of Medicine, and our industry partners to provide thought leadership, strategic direction, and program delivery. The Data Strategy and Innovation Program Director will report to the Medical Director of CU Innovations.Examples of Work Performed:
- Establish and implement processes for enabling translation of software, AI and other data science-based technologies developed by CU, UCHealth and Children’s Hospital Colorado faculty and staff.
- Help guide implementation of data science based and digital health technologies developed by third parties into the CU and UCHealth ecosystems
- Identify optimal data science projects and technologies to pursue from both internal and external sources
- Coordinate activities with various CU data science leaders and teams as well as contribute to the evolving data science ecosystem on the CU campus
- In collaboration with senior leadership, designs, develops, and implements focused functional area strategies for continued growth.
- Identifying transactions and partnerships that further CU Innovations’ strategic priorities.
- Partner closely with CU Anschutz subject matter experts to develop healthcare products.
- Manage cross-functional due diligence teams in partnership with CU Anschutz subject matter experts with a hands-on, team-oriented approach.
- Ensure effective management of post-closing deal terms, hand-off to integration teams, value tracking and course adjustment as necessary.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
- 7+ years of experience in the health care data science field, including 2+ years managerial experience and experience in industry overseeing customer-client relationships or a similar “outward facing” experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 10+ years of experience in the health care data science field, including 2+ years managerial experience and experience in industry overseeing customer-client relationships or a similar “outward facing” experience
- Master’s degree in related field
Must have ability and confidence to effectively function independently, be a self-starter, and be a team player within a collaborative, consensus-driven organization. Must have successfully led direct reports or project team members in previous positions. Other required skills include creativity, excellent communication (written and oral) skills, strong financial analysis, and strategic and innovative thinking capabilities.Demonstrated ability to self-manage priorities and be proactive in resolving issues Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of tact and diplomacy Demonstrated ability to work within a diverse community and with individuals at all levels of the organization.Focused attention to detail, as well as the ability to understand abstract conceptsSupervision Received
This position reports to the Medical Director of CU InnovationsSupervision Exercised:
- NoneSalary and Benefits:The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $185,000 to $200,000. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefitsTotal Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Research ServicesPrimary Location:
Oct 21, 2021Unposting Date:
Oct 27, 2021, 12:59:00 AM