Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ11650 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The School of Public Administration (SPA) at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position beginning in Fall 2022. Candidates should have an active research agenda in nonprofit management and public budgeting/finance with a focus on public health administration and policy.
The Assistant Professor will be responsible to the Director and other appropriate higher-level administrator of the university, and will perform teaching, research, service, and related administrative activities. Supplementary activities will include advising, representing the university, college/school, or department/unit on university and/or statewide committees and other related activities.
Florida Atlantic University is a multi-campus, doctoral research university (RU/High research activity) with approximately 30,000 students. SPA is housed in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters. SPA provides intellectual, analytical, technical, and practical education to advance the state of knowledge in public administration and public policy and to enhance ethical and other public service values within its service region. The School of Public Administration is deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity and welcomes applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives. Our students and faculty are diverse, which enhances our multicultural educational environment. Based at FAU's main campus in Boca Raton, SPA is ranked one of the top 100 public affairs programs in the nation. It is home to a Ph.D. in Public Administration, a NASPAA-accredited Master of Public Administration (MPA), a Master of Nonprofit Management (MNM), and undergraduate programs in Public Safety Administration (BPSA) and Public Management (BPM). For additional information about the School, please visit https://www.fau.edu/artsandletters/public-administration/
Successful candidates may also be eligible for appointment to the FAU Institute for Human Health and Disease Intervention (I-HEALTH, https://www.fau.edu/i-health/). I-HEALTH supports cancer, infectious diseases, and human health and dementia research, education, and community engagement programs across multiple FAU campuses and colleges. Faculty members of I-HEALTH qualify for pilot grants, research technology support, and subsidized use of the I-HEALTH Bioanalytical Core Facility.Minimum Qualifications:
A qualified candidate should have:
• A Ph.D. from an accredited institution in Public Administration or a closely related field by time of the appointment.
• A solid record of or strong potential for scholarly excellence.
• Superior communication skills and the capability to teach both in-person and online nonprofit management and public administration courses at the graduate and undergraduate level.
• Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with students, faculty, staff and community members.
• Demonstrated skill in understanding of cultural differences.
Candidates should have:
• An active research agenda in nonprofit management, public budgeting and finance, with a focus on public health administration and policy.
• Ability to the teach nonprofit and public administration courses.
• Evidence of contributions to the diversity and excellence of student learning experience through research, teaching, and/or public engagement.
• A record of, or strong potential for, obtaining external research support.
• Expertise with a wide array of research and analytical methods.
• An interest in engaging with local, state, and national public service and nonprofit organizations in related areas of expertise.Salary:
Commensurate with ExperienceCollege or Department:
College of Arts & LettersLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
2022-01-05-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
This position is subject to funding.
Any questions about the position may be emailed to the SPA Executive Assistant Matilda Veillard at [email protected]
FAU’s Career Page permits the attachment of required/requested documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: A maximum of five (5) documents may be attached to your application. If more than five (5) documents are required for submission, please combine additional documents into one attachment to not exceed the maximum permitted.
When completing the online application, please upload all required documentation noted here: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) sample publications, (4) a statement of teaching philosophy and evidence of quality teaching, (5) a personal diversity statement that outlines past experiences including activities working with diverse populations and students, and future plans to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion through their teaching, service, and research (6) contact information for three references (email, phone number, and mailing address) who can comment on research and teaching capabilities and accomplishments.
The selected candidate for this position is required to submit an official transcript sent directly from the institution is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Similarly, for degrees from outside the United States, the evaluation by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts) is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required for the candidate selected for this position.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.