Search #: 495770JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The Executive Director of the Office of Summer and Winter Programs in the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) provides leadership for UConn’s summer/winter term and UConn’s Pre-College Summer and First Summer programs. The Executive Director reports to the Associate Vice Provost (AVP) for Teaching and Learning and supervises four full-time staff.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for summer/winter term and UConn Pre-College and UConn First Summer programs.
- Collaborates with the AVP CETL, and the Director of Finance in CETL to establish enrollment targets for undergraduate credit-bearing enrollments in summer/winter term and implements a plan to achieve targets.
- Develops advanced predictive demand models to identify enrollments and courses needed for summer/winter term.
- Collaborates with academic department heads, Director of UConn Online, and summer/winter program to build summer/winter schedule including identification of faculty and course modality (i.e. in-person, online).
- Collaborates with the Director of Marketing and Director of Digital Web Design to develop marketing plans for summer/winter and Pre-College programs.
- Evaluates progress toward enrollment goals of summer/winter programs and Pre-College programs on a regular basis and enacts strategies designed to ensure enrollment goals are realized.
- Evaluates student success outcomes and program effectiveness outcomes through the collection and analysis of program data, identifies problems and opportunities, and modifies strategy accordingly.
- Champions diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout all aspects of summer/winter and Pre-College programs.
- Communicates summer/winter and Pre-College program features and successes to the University community and beyond.
- Supervises summer/winter program staff to ensure efficient operation of summer/winter term.
- Supervises Director of Pre-College Programs to ensure efficient operation of UConn Pre-College and UConn First Summer.
- Collaborates with AVP CETL, Director of Finance in CETL, Labor Relations, and Human Resources to ensure collective bargaining agreements related to summer winter term hiring and compensation are followed.
- Supervises Director of Pre-College Programs to ensure efficient operation of UConn Pre-College and UConn First Summer programs.
- Collaborates with University Registrar, Bursar, Athletics, Admissions, Residential Life, and Director of Financial Aid on a regular basis to ensure efficient operation of summer/winter term and Pre-College programs.
- Serves as the University representative to the Association of University Summer Sessions (AUSS), and the North American Association of Summer Sessions (NASSS), and Association of Pre-College Program Directors.
- Promotes academic research opportunities for faculty interested in summer/winter and Pre-College student experiences and teaching and learning outcomes.
- Serves on various UConn committees (e.g. Scholastic Standards, Retention & Graduation Taskforce, Student Support Services/TRiO programs).
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in a role with direct responsibility for driving academic program enrollment growth
- Six years of related experience, with at least one year serving as a supervisor of professional staff
- Extensive knowledge of summer and winter credit-bearing enrollment ecosystems
- Exceptional leadership skills, organizational skills, networking skills, and communication skills
- Earned Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree
- At least three years of experience working in a summer program environment in a mid- to senior-level administrative role
This is a full-time, permanent position with excellent benefits.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495770 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 21, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Nov 29 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 21 2022 Eastern Standard Time