Compensation:$41,654.00-$62,481.00In Review:Jan 8, 2022Openings:1 Formal review of applications begins: Jan 7, 2022Department:Human ResourcesLocation:EpiCenterPosition Summary:
Join St Petersburg College's (SPC) Human Resources as we strategically partner with the college community to identify and proactively address its changing needs and effectively facilitate the various phases of the employment life cycle. We are committed to fostering a community of inclusive excellence and engagement through strategic leadership and service that enhances our employee experience.
The employee benefits coordinator processes employee benefit plans enrollment and changes related to College’s benefits plans, including retirement program, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, sick and vacation leave, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), ADAAA (American Disability Act as Amended) and Worker’s Compensation. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity and successful delivery of functional services to users throughout the organization in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the college.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
4 years of progressive employee benefits administration.
• Knowledge of benefits administration and retirement plans and related laws and regulations (i.e., ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, ACA, COBRA, etc.).
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and experience with HR Systems. Skill in using office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate, and retrieve data.
• Highly effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage multiple assignments and competing priorities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow through.
• Responsible for the education and administration of employee benefits insurances and programs to include group medical, dental, vision and hearing, life and disability insurance, retirement, and supplemental plans.
• Facilitates all enrollment processes to include preparation and distribution of enrollment packages, communication to employees, maintenance of forms, and data entry of all associated changes to elections.
• Administer and maintain company Defined Contribution Retirement plan to include enrollments, changes, audits, and annual compliance.
• Create and maintain employee benefits, leave, medical, and workers compensation filing systems in an organized, confidential manner, and ensure benefits changes are calculated and entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
• Communicate effectively with employees, vendors and managers regarding all health and welfare benefits plan participation.
• Respond to employees’ requests for benefits information such as coverage types, add-ons, deductions, and premium rates and resolve problems.
• Assist in drafting, reviewing, and coordinating the delivery of employee benefits communications.
• Oversee the Workers Compensation program to include filing of claims, tracking of time, oversight of work restrictions, and return to work processes.
• Oversee leave programs such as short- and long-term disability, Family and Medical Leave, and worker’s compensation.
• Serve as primary contact for onsite benefits events, such as health and wellness drives and others as needed.
• Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws, including, but not limited to Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), American Disability Act as Amended (ADAAA) etc.
• Partner with HRIS in the establishment and maintenance of benefits coding systems in the HR database as well as report development for analysis of benefits data.
• Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
• Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
• Contributes to the success of the Office of Human Resources by providing information about Human Resource policy and procedures, acting as a back-up for other positions as needed, working cooperatively with other departments, and performing all other duties as needed to drive the vision, fulfill the mission, and abide by the values of the College.