: Classified StaffDepartment:
: Public SafetyLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Oct 20, 2021Closes:
: Nov 4, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: CLAPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
- Patrols campus buildings and adjacent areas.
- Investigates crimes or other incidents, restraining or arresting suspects when necessary.
- Provides assistance to courts in prosecution of cases performs related work as required to ensure and maintain a secure campus environment.
- Create a safe and welcoming campus to staff, students, faculty and visitors.
- Responds to disturbances and emergencies as need.
- Possession of a Valid MA Class 3 Motor Vehicle Operators license;
- Eligibility for appointment as a Special State Police Officer under MGL 22C Sec. 63;
- Eligibility for Certification by POST Commission
- Have completed or have the ability to complete a MPTC Approved Full-Time Academy;
- Department will arrange for attendance in a MPTC Approved Academy provided all other required qualifications are present (Contractual stipulations apply).
- High School Diploma required;
- Must possess a current License to carry (LTC) from appropriate city or town;
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified or ability to become certified upon employment;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to details are essential;
- Ability to pass extensive background investigation, CORI and SORI check that is conducted;
- Applicant must undergo and successfully pass a police entry level physical and psychological exam;
- Ability to work in partnership with a diverse faculty, staff and student population;
- One year of full-time law-enforcement or related experience in campus environment preferred;
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Complete MPTC Approved Full-Time Academy preferred.
Salary: $1,799.64 biweekly.
Closing Date: November 4, 2021
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE