The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Training SpecialistJob Profile Title
Training SpecialistJob Description Summary
Under the supervision of the Senior Director, the Training Specialist will be responsible for the administrative needs of the DAR Training Team in their delivery of training for Development and Alumni (DAR) including training for Development and Alumni (DAR) specific business processes, policies and procedures relative to fundraising, alumni relations, prospect management and gift processing using Atlas (PeopleSoft Contributor Relations software as deployed at Penn), SalesForce as it is being deployed in DAR (MyPenn and Marketing Cloud and eventually Salesforce CRM) the Mobile Volunteer Portal, Online Giving, Giving Pages, iModules, Sharepoint and other technologies as needed.
The Training Specialist will work with the Senior Training Specialist in troubleshooting and problem solving of the above-mentioned DAR technologies, provide one on one training to DAR Staff and Student workers, and serve as a backup trainer as needed. The Training Specialist will also help manage the operational aspects of centrally sponsored DAR events. It is expected that the Training Specialist will become a subject matter expert on all DAR technology systems.Job DescriptionSpecific Duties:
Access and Systems Security Manage account access
Create accounts for new staff
Terminate existing staff accounts as necessary
Grant access to Atlas using a granular permissions structure
Account access in SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Atlas, Salesforce, iModules
Salesforce implementation - participate in software testing for the Salesforce implementation and training for 600+ DAR staff.
Manage class schedule and training calendar
Schedule classes in Knowledgelink, the learning management system
Manage class attendance and registration
Provide one on one and small group training to DAR Staff and student workers
Provide classroom training to DAR staff as needed
Training Material Update Work with the Senior Training Specialist and Training Specialist to keep training materials fresh and relevant as technology is enhanced and updated. Create new and update existing training material, web-based training and training tailored to serve a particular department or unit
End User Support
Participate as an integral member of the Help Desk team and provide software expertise to the troubleshooting of end user questions and problems. This position requires expert knowledge of the software
Execute data loads using an ISC developed utility and assist the field with data entry projects
Work with outside vendors to resolve user issues
Update the DAR HR Onboarding website, Atlas Training websites and various other school and center websites as needed.
Work with the Senior Training Specialist in their management of the centrally sponsored DAR event operations by handling registration processing, broadcast email reminders, nametag generation, attendance list circulation, event data, and event attendance loading into Atlas.Qualifications:
**Please provide a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this role. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.**Job Location - City, State
- Bachelor's degree; 2-3 years' experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Self-motivated individual who is eager to learn new skills and new technologies.
- Team player with strong customer service skills.
- Clear communication skills (written and spoken).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create professional looking documents and PowerPoint presentations
- Technical proficiency in relational databases and the Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to adapt to rapidly changing technologies.
- Familiarity with web training software programs, e.g., Articulate 360 preferred
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional weekend or evening work required - Alumni Weekend required
- SalesForce experience a plus.
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Development and Alumni RelationsPay Range
$42,953.00 - $65,861.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower-Development/Training-Specialist_JR00042693-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency