Information Systems Analyst (7309U), SAIT 25396
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Departmental Overview Student Affairs Information Technologies (SAIT)
SAIT provides technology leadership and support to the Division of Student Affairs; technical support, education, and hands-on learning and leadership opportunities for students; and student advocacy and engagement in campus technology development.
Our deep knowledge and understanding of our students' and staff needs, coupled with our technical expertise, makes SAIT a trusted partner, committed to an excellent student experience. Our dedication, responsiveness, and commitment equip us to meet our customers' evolving demands as we work collaboratively to serve students.
The SAIT organization consists of 30 full-time career staff and over 70 part-time student staff, distributed across Development & Operations, Strategic Initiatives, Information Security, and Student Technologies.Development & Operations
DevOps teams provide both strategic and management direction for all vendor provided solutions that support systems within the Division of Student Affairs. It includes off-the-shelf solutions hosted within Student Affairs IT and vendor hosted solutions (SaaS). This office coordinates with business partners within Student Affairs on the configuration, security, training and upgrade/patch scheduling for vendor solutions. This office also coordinates with other SAIT teams on required custom application or university systems integrations, security reviews, and infrastructure requirements.
The Analyst position provides a variety of IT services for departments across the Division of Student Affairs. Assignments may include business systems analysis, preparing business/system specifications for implementation (either internally or by a vendor), or a combination of these and/or other IT functions. This position plays a critical role in supporting the many existing business systems as well as implementing new ones which are relied upon by Student Affairs departments.Our Approach to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
SAIT believes in and fosters a workplace environment where people can bring their diverse skills, perspectives and experiences toward achieving our goals through a process of critical inquiry, discovery, innovation, while simultaneously committing to making positive contributions towards the betterment of our world.
In addition, members of the broader Information Systems & Technology community have created and endorse the following values for our organization to augment and amplify the campus principles:
We champion diversity. We act with integrity. We deliver. We innovate.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are more than just suggestions for us. They are the guiding principles underlying how we come together, develop leaders at all levels of the organization, and create an environment that unites us. We affirm the dignity of all individuals, call upon our leaders to address critical issues with integrity and intention, respect our differences as well as our commonalities, and strive to uphold a just community free from discrimination and hate.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: November 4, 2021
- Provide application support functions for assigned portfolio of vendor products. This includes: analysis, implementation/upgrade planning and execution, configuration, user access, user training, high level requirements gathering, vendor demos, customer communication, and problem solving as needed.
- Prepares application and/or programming documentation. Partners with application support teams to create Standard Operating Procedures, Presentations, and workflows. May recommend changes in development, maintenance, system standards and application support processes.
- Applies IT concepts to perform complex analyses and functions from multiple IT areas of specialization. Analyzes complex programs or formulates logic for new systems. Performs coding and tests/debugs complex programs.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Analyzes, installs, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. Analyzes business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Maintains security configurations
- Maintains a positive relationship with other departments and personnel that will assist in the development, funding, promotion, and/or public relations of the Division of Student Affairs and SAIT. Supports the success and objectives of SAIT. Demonstrates values of excellence, innovation and integrity.
- Participates in the annual cycle of recruitment, hiring and training; shares responsibility for developing and sustaining a strong student leadership program.
- Identifies and selects training opportunities for professional development. Participates in cross-functional group discussions, activities and other training efforts.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of policies and procedures for department or department operations. Adheres to University and departmental policies, procedures, and professional practices as well as city, state, and federal laws. Also responsible for adherence to UC Berkeley's Data Classification Standard, Minimum Security Standards for Networked Devices and Minimum Security Standards for Electronic Information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have 5 years or more experience supporting vendor systems as a SME and / or direct IT support person performing configuration, upgrades, report writing, and integration tasks.
- Has knowledge of professional concepts.
- Must be able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner across the organization and at varying levels both verbally and through technical documentation.
- Has knowledge of applications programming technologies, tools and protocols.
- Has skills necessary to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- ITIL V3 Foundations training and certification.
- Experience with student admissions and/or financial aid system applications.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. The annual salary range of the position is $85,000.00- $100,000.00, commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=25396&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency