The School of Education (SOE) at Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIU Carbondale) invites applications for a full-time Associate Professor or Professor in the position of Director of the Teacher Education Program (TEP). The Director will report directly to the Dean; provide leadership on teacher education in the School and across the University; collaborate with the Associate Dean, Program Coordinators, and faculty; and may teach courses and continue a program of scholarship. SOE offers accredited undergraduate and graduate (master’s and doctoral) programs with 29 tenured and tenure-track faculty members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide vision and administrative leadership for the TEP.
- Coordinate the CAEP accreditation and state review of the TEP.
- Coordinate electronic data collection, storage, and statistical analyses essential for internal and external reports (e.g. Title II, PEDS, ISBE Annual Reports).
- Supervise program admission into the TEP as well as student retention in the TEP.
- Supervise TEP Clinical Supervisors and other university field experience and student teacher supervisors.
- Supervise teacher education certification activities.
- Act as Teacher Licensure Officer for the University.
- Coordinate and cultivate school-university partnerships.
- An earned doctorate with academic and scholarly credentials in teacher education appropriate for appointment to the rank of tenured Associate Professor or Professor in the School of Education
- The ability to articulate effectively the TEP’s goals and practices to students, faculty, and staff across the University, as well as to alumni, local/regional/national education and community organizations, and external funding agencies
- Organizational and collaborative skills to create, mentor, and lead interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge and experience in CAEP accreditation, assessment, and management of electronic data collection, storage and analysis
- Proven ability in teacher education leadership and administration.
- Knowledge of and experience with LiveText or a similar electronic data collection system
- A record of success in securing external funding
- Knowledge of the Illinois School Code
- Knowledge of program assessment and evaluation systems.
SIU Carbondale is classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as a Research University (high research activity). Enrolling over 11,000 students, SIU Carbondale is situated in a scenic region noted for its forest preserves, lakes, and rivers, offering an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities as well as the social and cultural activities associated with a major university. See http://www.siu.edu. The community of Carbondale is very much a college town and has a population of about 25,000. It is located 100 miles southeast of St. Louis, 200 miles north of Memphis, and 330 miles south of Chicago. Visit https://www.explorecarbondale.com/.
Please visit https://jobs.siu.edu to create an account and apply.
Contact: Sarah Frierdich [email protected]
Deadline to Apply: 11/19/21
SIU Carbondale, member of the SIU System, is an anti-racist community that opposes racism, discrimination and inequity in any form, and embraces diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice for all people. SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.