Grants Compliance Associate - CSW FICW Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
University Business Administrators - College of Social Work FICW
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
This position serves the Florida Institute for Child Welfare (FICW) within in the College of Social Work by assisting in managing contracts and coordination of FICW research activities.
- Responsible for Institute pre-award activities which includes advising research proposal review and routing contract awards for signatures including interpretation of specific guidelines and technical information, budget and cost share preparation, initiation of sub-contracts, and submission of documents.
- Reviews proposal terms for compliance concerns and analyzes proposal documents for accuracy and compliance with University and funding agency requirements. Assists with contracts funded by the Institute.
- Completes reconciliations and prepares monthly financial reports, completes and monitors transactions, prepares special reports, responds to change requests and develops re-budgeting documents for research projects.
- Serves as liaison between FICW and appropriate University offices as well as some external entities.
- Initiates and audits purchasing, travel, and fiscal activities of FICW-funded research projects. Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and University rules and regulations and monitors fiscal activities for reporting purposes to ensure compliance with federal, state and university policies.
- Bachelor's degree or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant work experience.(Note: or a combination of a high school education and experience equal to four years)
- Exceptional ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated experience compiling, reviewing, and reconciling data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply related University policies, procedures, principles, and practices, as well as interpret related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority, and certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements, in employment by the state and its political subdivisions and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. Veterans' Preference applies to University Support Personnel System (USPS) positions only.
IMPORTANT: To claim Veterans' Preference, select “yes” to the question on the application questionnaire and upload a DD-214 (or equivalent), the Veterans' Preference Certification form, and other documentation if applicable with your online application before midnight of the position closing date.
Click the links for eligibility information and required documentation, or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.