Job location: Wichita, KS Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R0006934 Job Description:
Reporting to the Chair, Anatomy and Biomedical Sciences, this role will function as member of a collaborative teaching team will develop a curriculum in the anatomical sciences.
- Serve as subject matter expert in Anatomy, Embryology, Histology, and Neuroscience.
- Develop and maintain educational materials in anatomical sciences for medical students.
- Develop anatomical sciences education which supports Osteopathic Principles and Practice.
An educator with a track record of proven effective academic and administrative experience in Medical education.
- A master’s degree in one of the medical disciplines from a nationally accredited institution of higher education, or a DO or MD degree with appropriate experience.
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies
- Experience preferred using innovative teaching methods which might include team-based learning, ‘flipped classroom’, problem-based learning, distance learning, interactive large group presentation, audience response systems, curriculum delivery systems (e.g. Canvas), and proficiency in exam item (COMLEX and/or USMLE) writing
- A substantial record of success as an educator, and of managing personnel.
- Experience in publication/national presentations.
- Leadership abilities in influencing and shaping performance
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to contribute to organizational growth and development
- Strong knowledge base in medical education assessment
- Strong team & people management skills
- Familiarity with AOA COCA requirements
- Strong, effective, and diplomatic oral and written communication skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent service skills relevant to supervisor, peers, direct reports, medical students, and faculty
- Experience with medical school accreditation and reporting
Kansas Health Science Center offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Kansas Health Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.