Job Location: Los Angeles - Burbank, CA
Remote Type: N/A
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $17.50 Hourly
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Education
New York Film Academy, Los Angeles
New York Film Academy is committed to an inclusive work culture where people’s thoughts, ideas, concerns, and cultures are valued and respected. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and those sharing in our commitment to inclusivity. NYFA is a vaccine-mandated campus. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment. POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the general supervision from the Chair of the Acting Department Chair. The Department Coordinator will assist in organizing and maintaining the operational functions of the Department, and to serve as a resource for students, faculty and staff in the department’s overall function. REPRESENTATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The day-to-day duties required of this position may vary.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Work with Senior Department Coordinator, Instructors and Chair to schedule classes and events within the Acting Department.
- Assist in facilitating Orientation/Registration weeks, including walking tours, informational sessions and orientation of new students.
- Work in conjunction with the Department to organize the logistics of student productions, student films, production workshops, screenings, graduations, and other departmental events, including field trips, under the supervision of the Department Chair.
- Schedule and organize faculty meetings, record meeting notes, and all screenings.
- Schedule department Chair’s faculty interviews and mock classes, and schedule students to attend.
- Liaise between students, faculty, and administration, reporting departmental progress, issues and concerns to administration.
- Compile, manage and archive course syllabi and other departmental documents.
- Prepare departmental documents and reports and oversee the departmental records in order to comply with state and accreditation regulations.
- Facilitate student evaluations and feedback sessions and organize their results in the electronic drive.
- Coordinate and submit equipment and Technical Assistants (TA’s) requests from students and Instructors.
- Coordinate and submit sub and vacation requests from instructors; maintain sub log and faculty staffing sheet.
- Facilitate communication with the students and help troubleshoot where needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Department Chair ; and by senior management
- Broad & in-depth knowledge of working in an academic setting.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with the various constituencies of the Academy, students, alumni, and community at large.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrative personnel, faculty, classified staff, students and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and simultaneously on projects of varied complexity, carrying out each to its conclusion with a very high level of effectiveness.
- Ability to foster an innovative environment that attracts high-quality faculty, students, and staff by stimulating creativity, research, teaching, and learning.
- Ability to identify opportunities and to convert challenges into innovative solutions and programs that will advance the future of the institution.
- Ability to work in a highly demanding, multiple task environment, with changing priorities is key.
- Ability to analyze and present complex data
- Ability to organize and synthesize multiple schedules and documents
- Must possess ability to exercise group leadership skills, which emphasize collaboration, consensus building, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
- Must possess ability and willingness to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Understand written procedures, write routine documents, speak clearly, and understand multi-step written and oral instructions
- Customer service skills with the ability to meet and serve the public, both in person and by telephone, tactfully and effectively
- Flexibility to shift and problem solve and work in a team environment.
- Ethical/Honest - evidence of the practice of a high level confidentiality.
- Service and Action-oriented – does what it takes to meet student expectations.
- Collaborative – enlists information from all sources to ensure the best solution to an issue.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Experience may substitute for required education up to four (4) years.
- One (1) or more years of administrative experience.
- Experience in database management and record keeping.
- Experience working in an higher education, academic setting
- Experience working in a fast pace, multi-tasking, results-driven environment with attention to detail
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Along with a complete application, cover letter and resume are required.
The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 on the belief that a top-quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. The school opened at Robert De Niro’s Tribeca Film Center in New York City and has expanded worldwide to include campuses in New York; Los Angeles; Miami; and Gold Coast, Australia.The mission of the New York Film Academy is to educate students interested in the field of visual storytelling. NYFA courses have been designed to increase students’ creativity and technical expertise through an intense regimen of hands-on and classroom instruction. The Academy’s goal is to enrich its students as visual storytellers by helping them realize their personal artistic visions. NYFA’s expectations center on the growth of each student as a creative individual. NYFA is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. New York Film Academy (“NYFA”) is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by law