Job Location: Los Angeles - Burbank, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $16.25 - $17.50 Hourly
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Any New York Film Academy - Los Angeles
New York Film Academy is committed to an inclusive work culture where people’s thoughts, ideas, concerns, and cultures are valued and respected. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and those sharing in our commitment to inclusivity. NYFA is a vaccine-mandated campus. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
Under general supervision, the Janitor will perform custodial job tasks at the New York Film Academy (NYFA) campus during nights and weekends.
- Responsible for day-to-day cleaning of building interiors
- Sweep, mop and scrub floors
- Clean, dust and polish furniture
- Dispose of trash and emptying trash receptacles.
- Clean and stock restrooms
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment
- Properly disinfect rooms, surfaces and touchpoints as directed by Supervisor.
- Assure that all assigned areas of the building are kept in under clean, sanitary standards.
- Maintain cleaning equipment
- Maintain inventory of cleaning agents and equipment
- Ensure equipment and lights are switched off, and premises are locked after hours.
- Notify supervisor of major repairs
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr Director of Operations & Administration; and by senior management.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Broad knowledge of the industry and professional experience related to their respective department.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds including students and parents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ethical / Honest - evidence of the practice of a high level confidentiality.
- Service and Action oriented – does what it takes to meet the expectations of customers.
- Collaborative – enlists information from all sources to ensure the best solution to an issue.
- High School Diploma , completion of GED, or equivalent vocational school.
- Experience as a custodian, janitor or similar role, preferably in an education setting.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and agents
- Experience working in a fast pace, multi-tasking, results drive environment with attention to detail.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Suite – Word and Outlook
- Availability to work nights and weekends
The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 on the belief that a top-quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. The school opened at Robert De Niro’s Tribeca Film Center in New York City and has expanded worldwide to include campuses in New York; Los Angeles; Miami; and Gold Coast, Australia.The mission of the New York Film Academy is to educate students interested in the field of visual storytelling. NYFA courses have been designed to increase students’ creativity and technical expertise through an intense regimen of hands-on and classroom instruction. The Academy’s goal is to enrich its students as visual storytellers by helping them realize their personal artistic visions. NYFA’s expectations center on the growth of each student as a creative individual. NYFA is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. New York Film Academy (“NYFA”) is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.