Assistant Professor of ChemistryJob Description:
As a part of diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the Department of Chemistry and Physical Sciences at Marian University in Indianapolis invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position, to start in Fall 2022. Exceptional candidates from any discipline of Chemistry will be considered; however, interest in some area of Environmental Chemistry is particularly desired to complement ongoing activities in the Nina Mason Pulliam EcoLab and the department’s general education course offerings. The University also has significant opportunity for internal collaboration with the College of Osteopathic Medicine and the E.S. Witchger School of Engineering. This faculty member will promote Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by showing a strong commitment to excellent and innovative undergraduate teaching. Primary teaching responsibilities at the outset will be split between classroom and laboratory courses in the candidate’s field of expertise and the general chemistry program. A research agenda involving undergraduate students is required. Innovative approaches to laboratory instruction would be preferable. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Teach 24 credits per academic year.
- Teach a variety of courses within chemistry and possibly elsewhere within the general education curriculum.
- Engage undergraduate students in research projects and implement research into the chemistry curriculum.
- Actively participate in curriculum development and assessment within the department.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings and university service.
- Mentor and advise students and supervise student research and internships.
- Share in the ongoing development and implementation of department and college activities and projects.
- Engage in research, scholarship, and other professional activities.
- Exhibit leadership potential, promote academic excellence, and actively participate in the life of the campus.
- A completed Ph.D. in chemistry or a related field by date of hire.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction.
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues and students of diverse backgrounds.
- Potential for ongoing research, publication, and activity in professional associations
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Posting Number:
P045FNumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
NoQuick Link for Internal Postings: