Search #: 495743
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The Executive Director of the Office of Early College Programs (OECP) in the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) provides leadership for the University of Connecticut’s concurrent and dual enrollment programs. The oldest, and one of the largest programs in the country, UConn’s Early College Experience (ECE) program is a nationally recognized leader in concurrent and dual enrollment, and in its commitment to provide historically underrepresented high school students with access to ECE courses. The ECE program has more than 200 partner CT high schools, 1,500 UConn certified ECE high school instructors, 14,000 students enrolling in more than 80,000 credit hours, in 75 courses, with 40 faculty coordinators from 30 UConn academic departments. Each year, ECE alumni constitute approximately one-third of UConn’s entering undergraduate class. The Executive Director reports to the Associate Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning and supervises five full-time staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides strategic direction for all OECP programs and activities.
- Provides unit-wide vision and strategic direction for OECP staff and direct supervision of OECP Associate and Assistant Directors.
- Assures academic oversight of high school partner school programs and coordination with UConn academic departments regarding standards and course comparability (UConn ECE).
- Champions early college access and student success in Title One School Districts and leads efforts to provide increased access to ECE courses for students at historically underrepresented high schools.
- Develops new partnerships and course offerings by serving as the primary contact with department heads of UConn academic departments and leadership in CT high school partner schools.
- Responsible for academic certification of all UConn ECE instructors.
- Develops, administers, and evaluates workshops, training programs, courses or curricula, in accordance with program goals and accreditation standards.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for UConn ECE Summer Institutes.
- Oversees course comparability of UConn courses at the high school and supports the departments in assuring course comparability.
- Communicates program updates and information in an effort to align ECE with other units at UConn (e.g., Advising Counsel, Senate Enrollment Committee, GEOC).
- Serves as the University representative to the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP) and maintains the national reputation of OECP/UConn ECE.
- Provides thought leadership and advocates for UConn ECE on the state, regional, and national levels, including NEACEP and NACEP.
- Promotes academic research on concurrent enrollment and early college experiences.
- Manages external student engagement programs to include, Connecticut Science Olympiad, Connecticut Ethics Bowl, and Connecticut History Day.
- Oversees and works with appropriate offices or departments for the maintenance and implementation of Dual Enrollment program opportunities (high school students taking courses on a UConn campus).
- Works closely with the Associate Vice Provost, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) to promote program innovation between UConn and high school partners.
- Serves on various UConn committees (e.g. GEOC, Retention & Graduation Taskforce, Student Support Services/TRiO programs)
- Maintains and creates policies and procedures for all OECP programs.
- Evaluates program effectiveness through the collection and analysis of program data, identifies problems and opportunities, and initiates corrective action and organizational changes.
- Coordinates with the University Bursar and University Registrar to ensure effective registration and billing procedures.
- Collaborates with the CETL Director of Finance and Operations to facilitate the billing structure, payment policies, and fee waivers between ECE partner high schools and the Bursar Office.
- Master’s Degree
- Six years of related experience, with at least one year serving as a supervisor of professional staff.
- Experience working in a concurrent enrollment environment as an instructor/faculty member, faculty liaison, or staff member
- Extensive knowledge of concurrent enrollment ecosystems
- Exceptional leadership skills, organizational skills, networking skills, and communication skills
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree
- At least three years of experience working in a concurrent enrollment environment in a mid-level to senior-level administrative role
- Extensive knowledge of the Public Higher Education ecosystem
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, and outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/employee-benefits-overview/.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495743 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 15, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Nov 29 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Jan 15 2022 Eastern Standard Time