IT Service Desk Manager
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
IT Service Desk ManagerJob Profile Title
Information Technology ManagerJob Description Summary
The Penn Graduate School of Education is committed to cultivating a workplace that values equity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We seek talented individuals who will help lead our efforts to create a more inclusive workplace in a community with a substantive institutional commitment to equity and justice. Diversity is prized at Penn as a central component of our mission and helps create an educational and working environment that best supports the University's commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship.Job DescriptionDuties
The IT Help Desk Manager's primary role is to rapidly resolve technology issues that are reported through the School's ticketing system. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of IT, the ideal IT Help Desk Manager is an experienced, hands-on technical leader responsible for delivering a world class support for GSE faculty, staff, students, alumni, and other external partners and stakeholders. The manager is expected get into the weeds with complex technical issues while maintaining the ability to step back and connect the team's daily work to the big picture goals of the School. As such, the manager must have demonstrated strong personnel management and interpersonal communication skills to help lead the team to new levels of operational excellence. Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage helpdesk operations: Deliver timely, accurate support for GSE faculty staff and students; serve as the technical expert for the helpdesk ticketing system; escalate and resolve vendor- or partner-related issues; collect and act upon client feedback to continuously improve support; plan, coordinate, communicate, and execute support projects.
- Lead the helpdesk team: Develop staff through coaching and feedback; manage team scheduling and ensure support coverage for classes and events; set internal team policies, procedures, and technical standards and methods; define and communicate priorities for daily and long-term planning.
- Oversee asset management and inventory: Manage software and hardware purchases; analyze trends within units, the school, and university to make hardware purchasing and support recommendations; conduct audits; proactively manage annual computer lifecycle replacements.
- Provide technical project management and service deployment: Plan, organize, and manage all projects, associated schedules and staffing; consult and advise external vendors on university policies; interpret and adapt vendor provided materaials to comply with university policies and federal regulations.
- Author and maintain accurate records: Maintain records and reports for all purchases, licenses, projects, and service level agreements; maintain GSE's internal and external support knowledgebase articles; develop and publish standard policies and procedures for help desk services (including SAAS, onboarding/offboarding, purchases, equipment lending, security, data integrity etc.)
A bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience is required or equivalent combination of education and experience. An ideal candidate must possess:
- demonstrated management experience and ability to provide coaching and feedback
- strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- ability to lead/manage multiple complex projects from concept to implementation
- experience effectively troubleshooting tier three technical issues for Windows, Macintosh and mobile operating systems
Applicants must submit a cover letter.
- ITIL certification
- Project management certification
- Experience working in higher education settings
- Experience using Freshworks products
Penn GSE actively seeks and welcomes people of color, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, persons with disabilities, and people at intersections of these identities, to apply. The expected salary range for this position is high $70Ks-mid $80Ks.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Graduate School of EducationPay RangeAffirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Graduate-School-of-Education/IT-Helpdesk-Manager_JR00042880-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency