Mid-Level Laboratory Animal Technician (AALAS Certified) (non-exempt), Division of Comparative Medicine - Georgetown University Medical Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsMid-Level Laboratory Animal Technician (AALAS Certified) (non-exempt), Division of Comparative Medicine - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown's Division of Comparative Medicine (DCM)
oversees the Research Resource Facility (RRF) which supports animal research and teaching activities for the Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) and the Main Campus.
The Animal Care Technician II
supports Georgetown's animal research initiatives in daily husbandry for laboratory animals. Reporting to the Animal Care Supervisor, and interacting with other Animal Care technicians, veterinary technicians, veterinarians and research faculty and staff, the Animal Care Technician II
has duties that include but are not limited to:Daily Husbandry
Sanitizing and Cleaning
- Feed, medicate, clean, restraint and transport laboratory animals
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare activities
Clean and sanitize animal facility and assigned roomsAnimal Receiving and Euthanasia
Adherence to Policies and Procedures
- Receive, examine, transfer, identify and properly house incoming shipments according to SOPs
- Safely handle animals and equipment exposed to hazardous (biohazardous, radiological or chemical) agents and dispose of hazardous materials.
Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standardsDocumentation
Maintain accurate records and documentation of procedures performed according to SOPsOther Duties
- Maintain and repair animal caging and support equipment as needed
- As assigned and appropriate to the position, perform other duties and responsibilities
- High School diploma or equivalency
- At least 2 of animal husbandry or related animal care experience
- Verbal and written communications skills in English for reading and following instructions and communicating business matter
- Ability to work with animals in duties that require lifting up to 50 pounds, as well as repetitive bending, twisting and pushing motions, performed in an environment that is hot and/or steamy, has animal odors, and has possible exposure to biological hazards and chemical
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) certification at the ALAT level or equivalent
This position is designated as Emergency.
Its incumbent must report to work and continue to work during all status categories of the University's operations.Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2561933&targetURL=mailto:[email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2561933&targetURL=https://benefits.georgetown.edu/">https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2561933
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency