North Carolina State University
106 Caldwell Hall
Associate Dean of Academic and Faculty Affairs
Quick Link/URL: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/151020
The Associate Dean of Academic and Faculty Affairs is expected to advance the best interests of the college’s intellectual community, to facilitate rigorous discipline-based and interdisciplinary academic initiatives, and to promote excellence in teaching and learning that contributes to the academic success, professional advancement, and personal development of undergraduate and graduate students. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important university and college values and goals. H&SS seeks candidates who will contribute to the diversity and inclusiveness of our academic community through demonstrated excellence and/or participation in diversity-related activities. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and/or a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for students from underrepresented groups.
- Directing the development and administration of undergraduate and graduate policies, procedures, and curricula
- Overseeing graduate and undergraduate recruitment, retention, and diversity initiatives
- Overseeing undergraduate and graduate program enrollment and assessment
- Supervising academic affairs personnel.
- Representing H&SS graduate and undergraduate academic affairs across the university
- Overseeing graduate operations in the college, including graduate student support programs, graduate student funding and graduate student completion
- Directing accreditation and, when applicable, external reviews of H&SS programs
- Overseeing the development of international, interdisciplinary, dual degree, and distance education programs
- Serving on the University Associate Deans Council, Graduate Operations Council, Administrative Board of the Graduate School, and academic affairs-related ad hoc or special committees, and relevant
- Partnering as appropriate with other colleges and associate deans to develop and manage student success initiatives (e.g., GEP, intra-campus transfer, advising, mentoring, etc.).
- Collaborating with the dean and the college leadership to develop strategic goals and necessary resources to support faculty excellence
- Developing guidelines, programming, and recognition programs to facilitate faculty excellence
- Providing guidance for faculty development, mentoring, retention, promotion, and tenure
- Developing programming and governance guidelines in conjunction with the Senior Vice Provost of Faculty and Academic Affairs, Dean, and other relevant constituents that promote faculty excellence.
- Substituting for the dean, participating in the college leadership team, representing the college at university and public functions as needed.
“Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process please call (919) 515-3148. This number is intended for use in seeking disability-related accommodations only. For general applicant inquiries, contact Human Resources at [email protected] or (919) 515-2135.”