Associate Director of Development, Athletics Major Gifts
Office of Development, Stanford, California, United States
Associate Director, Development, Athletics MGO
Stanford University is one of the world's premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford's future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.
Stanford University is seeking candidates for an Associate Director for Development to join our DAPER Development team. Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the Home of Champions. Stanford leads the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the most recent Men's and Women's Capital One Cups, and has brought home the Learfield Director's Cup 25 times. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. To learn more about Stanford Athletics, please visit gostanford.com.
Housed within Stanford Athletics, the Associate Director for Development is a member of the Office of Development (OOD) which advances Stanford's mission by raising philanthropic support from alumni, parents, families, friends, and institutional funders. Working in concert with volunteers and university leaders, OOD staff members strive to accelerate Stanford's purposeful impact in the world. Stanford also believes that diversity and excellence go hand-in-hand and so hires individuals with a commitment to working effectively with colleagues and donors from diverse backgrounds.JOB PURPOSE:
Plan and implement a regional fund-raising program for the university and Department of Athletics, Physical Education, and Recreation (DAPER), focusing on the East Coast and the Midwest. Operate independently in assigned areas and take responsibility for prospect identification and solicitation, proposal development, and coordination of internal support activities. Work closely with development staff, donors, volunteers, and other university staff, including DAPER leadership and coaches, to assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with all university constituencies.CORE DUTIES*:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
- Create solicitation goals, objectives, and strategies for athletics prospects on the East Coast and in the Midwest.
- Manage an active portfolio of up to 180 households focused on assigned regions, as well as a group of donors in the Bay Area.
- Build and maintain relationships with individual prospects through personal visits, phone calls, and meaningful contacts, to cultivate and solicit gifts in the $250,000 - $5,000,000 range.
- Use the Office of Development database to track progress with prospects.
- Stay informed on current university initiatives and activities.
- Serve as the DAPER Development liaison to select sports programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues in development to align individual prospect strategies and regional goals with the overall giving goals of the university's development organization.
- A commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and working with volunteers, faculty, and staff.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to articulate a compelling case for philanthropic support programs.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into compelling development proposals.
- Advanced ability with Microsoft Office suite is preferred
- Demonstrated experience engaging and motivating groups of diverse individuals.
- Valid California Non-commercial Class Driver's License.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, sit, and use a telephone, stand/walk.
- Occasionally light/fine grasping, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, writing by hand.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends. Regular travel may be required.
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is committed to a donor-centric approach to development. As a member of the Department of Athletics, Physical Education, and Recreation (DAPER) development team, each staff person plays a role in providing the university's donors with the service and attention that ensures an exceptionally positive and fulfilling philanthropic experienceWHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2566995
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency