Assistant Director, Graduate Programs - Information Systems & Security
About Us A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Assists the Program Directors with advertising, recruitment, onboarding, orientation, deployment of resources, ordering texts and materials, scheduling facilities, student and faculty communications, University communications, procurement activities, certifications examination coordination, event scheduling and facilitation, employer communications, graduation planning and execution, and post-graduation alumni communications. Responsible for other activities required to administer the graduate programs. Manages the assigned staff and/or student assistants. Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
- Leads the recruitment efforts for the graduate programs including addressing all inquiries, providing appropriate and up-to-date information and/or materials, and working with prospective students to complete application files
- Participates in local, regional, and national recruitment events such as recruitment fairs and executes information sessions for ISS graduate programs
- Reviews and assesses application materials to ascertain qualifications necessary for progression in the admissions process are met
- Reviews the approved electronic system, and manages communications plans for in process admission applications on a continuous basis
- Creates, coordinates, and sends acceptance and/or rejection letters and communicates the final admissions decisions to Graduate Admissions
- Organizes, manages, and executes the logistics pertaining to orientation and new student onboarding
- Coordinates with the Bursar's office to ensure charges are accurate and students meet tuition payment deadlines
- Works with the Registrar's Office to ensure students are registered for classes
- Supervises assigned program staff and student assistant(s) and processes the paperwork for graduate research and teaching assistants
- Assists with compiling data for and preparing AACSB, AOL and other reports as requested
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive student records, including student and graduate placement, degree progress, and demographics
- Assists the Directors with the management and use of allocated budget
- Maintains and updates program website, social media, and other platforms
- Responsible for the development of assigned alumni projects throughout the fiscal year
- Manages and designs all program events including, but not limited to choosing and contracting event space and details, budget/procurement of event, supervising flow of event and follow-up
- Assists with procurement of instructional materials for the students in cohort-based programs
- Executes timed communication plan for graduating students, to include graduation events, regalia, hooding ceremony, etc.
- Coordinates with events team to plan and execute graduation reception and associated activities, provides approvals as appropriate
- Oversees execution of graduation reception and address issues as they arise
- Serves and provides guidance, counseling, and advisement to students in the ISS graduate programs regarding curriculum requirements, processes, and policies
- Monitors program activities, identifies challenges and opportunities and reports the information to the program leadership and team, as requested
- Collaborates with the KSU Strategic Communication Team for efficient program marketing and advertising campaigns
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher educationRequired Experience
Three (3) years of related work experience in higher education Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
Proficient in Target X, Microsoft Office, ePro, OwlPay, Works, EMS, Banner, Concur, HireTouch or similar electronic systemsPreferred Experience
Previous experience in higher education Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to work collaboratively with others
Able to provide direction and explain processes and train
Displays professionalism and discernment at all times
Able to be self-directed and demonstrated personal initiative
Able to initiate and lead projects
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Able to work with and communicate with individuals at all levels internal and external to the university
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlinesKNOWLEDGE
Familiar with Banner and student registration procedures and programsSKILLS
Analytical thinker and problem solver
Self-directed and demonstrates personal initiative
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance. Background Check
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=234383&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency