Job no: 518627
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:11150000 - RE-RESEARCH INTEGRITY
Research Regulatory Analyst III
Export Control Program
- Reviews research projects, invention disclosures, material transfer agreements, and other UF efforts for export control issues.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and monitoring Technology Control Plans (TCP) and related export exemptions/exceptions.
- Review UF faculty and staff activities for compliance with UF, state, and federal export control requirements (activities for review include: proposals, grants, and contracts; material transfer agreements; non-disclosure agreements; international travel; foreign visitors; invention disclosures; etc.).
- Serve as a subject-matter expert and liaison between UF Research Integrity, other UF Research units, and UF colleges and departments for export control issues.
- Support exports of UF information or items outside of the U.S.
- Responsible for export control classifications, program recordkeeping, tracking program metrics, export control training, technology control plan development, and filing federal Electronic Export Information paperwork.
General Research Compliance
- Participate in the Division’s special projects, as assigned.
- Support research compliance investigations.
- Draft policy, guidance, and responsive correspondence supporting research compliance programs.
- Identifies and tracks Export Control Program metrics.
- Understand and remain up-to-date with UF, state, and federal export control and sanctions laws, regulations, and policies.
- Authors the content for the webpage and serves as the UF liaison for internal and external audits/reviews of the UF Export Control compliance program.
Global Compliance Program
- Understand and maintain familiarity with federal, state, and UF regulations and policies governing international activities, including fiscal, travel, procurement, human resources, and other relevant policies.
- Review UF faculty and staff international activities for compliance with UF, state, and federal requirements.
- Assist with international sponsored research project planning, risk assessment, and management.
- Assist with vetting potential foreign collaborators.
Commensurate with Education and Experience.
Master's degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of ITAR, EAR, and OFAC sanctions and embargoes.
- Experience understanding complex regulations and applying them in an academic setting.
- Experience working with university faculty and staff.
- Research administration or compliance experience in an academic setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of professional references.
A criminal background check is required. This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
This is not a remote work position, and it is located on the University of Florida main campus in Gainesville, FL.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 27 Oct 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Nov 2021 Eastern Standard Time