We appreciate your interest in Hussian College, Inc’s employment opportunities.
The Career Services Coordinator assists students by providing excellent support to positively impact their ability to obtain careers upon completion of their program. This position also provides leadership, vision, administrative support, and career employment related services to enhance the marketable employment skills of graduating students. Must be able to work flexible hours and be available in the evening to work a minimum of one evening per week and occasional weekend events. Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel locally to recruit new employers 30-60% of your week.
Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs).
MRA #1 Student Placement.
• Promotes and maintains a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere conducive to placing students in careers during educational career and upon graduation
• Coordinate planning, designing, and implementation of internship placements for each major program of study.
• Participates in all Professional Development Courses, Workshop Initiatives and Internship Placement initiatives.
• Adheres to tracking requirements to ensure the individual campus and system career placement rate goals are met or exceed the annual placement standards provided by ACCSC placement standards.
• Generates new career leads and outreach opportunities that provide graduate placement success established by individual campus and system career services department standards.
• Trains students to interact with staff and others in a professional manner.
• Meets with students and graduates and provide successful career placement guidance
• Establishes and maintains critical networks and communication links between students and the community/employer resources.
• Schedules and holds weekly meetings with community employers to develop and maintain strong partnerships with the hiring managers for each major program of study.
• Ensures 100% verifications on all placements and waivers are entered into CampusVue.
• Ensure that required reports are completed accurately and timely, and presented to the requesting Director and/or Supervisor.
• Organize campus Career Fairs and/or Sponsor and participate in community Career Fairs or employer partner inspired events set by Director of Career Services and Campus president and manage required documentation of participation and involvement for regulatory reviews.
• Coordinate and execute quarterly employer engagement and student engagement events.
MRA #2 CampusVue Maintenance.
• Maintains a current database of student knowledge and events pertaining to academic reporting.
• Maintains and uses placement lists in Campus Nexus.
• Generates letters for current students and graduates in/from Campus Nexus.
• Maintains information concerning students in the Contact Manager section of Campus Nexus.
MRA #4 Student Advising.
• Provides an open availability for students to resolve concerns.
• Provides direction to students on job opportunities available in the community.
• Actively addresses student issues on barriers to continue their education.
• Actively participates in admissions, retention, and academic activities with Director of Career Services approval to enhance the student’s success.
• Utilizes professional tools and networks, such as Daymar Edge and Linked In to enhance placement success.
MRA #5 Administration.
• Assists in planning and arranging all Program Advisory Committee and/or Advisory Board Meetings for each program.
• Works with academics to plan and assist with formal Graduation/Commencement ceremonies.
• Schedules weekly student appointments, and ensures contact with every unplaced graduate weekly.
• Updates and files student records, maintains the job board, orders supplies, and maintains appearance of office area.
• Establishes and maintains an “openness of operations” and an “esprit de corp” among students, faculty, and associates.
• Generates statistical data in support of maintaining accrediting, governmental, and college reporting requirements.
• Assists in preparation articles for the Campus News Letter and collect Alumni Success Stories for the Spotlight Alumni boards.
• Assists in mail follow-up surveys and other correspondence to graduates and employers.
• Co-manages tours/field trips for classes when requested and conducts employer tours on our campuses.
Other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Business or related field required.
Experience: 1-3 years in Career Services, Sales, Business Development, or Human Resources Management from the staffing industry or higher education. Demonstrated skills in understanding career foundations and job placement.
• Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service.
• Keep commitments, meet deadlines, and achieve demanding results.
• Organize and execute around multiple priorities.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Able to speak effectively to both large and small groups of people.
• Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team.
• Use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports, and other data.
• Attend meetings and training events, which may include occasional travel.
• Excellent customer service, telephone, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis Hussian's Mission, Vision, and core values.
Physical Requirements This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements This job requires the ability to read, recall, write, and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
Hussian College Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Employment with Hussian does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as Hussian may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. Hussian will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.