Tier 2 Support Technician (2), Information Systems Technology Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsTier 2 Support Technician (2), Information Systems Technology - Georgetown University Law Center
The Tier 2 Support Technician
works in a team environment to provide quality customer service and support and is responsible for installing, maintaining, and upgrading computers and peripherals, as well as installing and upgrading software applications. They assist faculty, staff and students with computer issues, troubleshoot and resolve computer problems, and document and communicate activities and solutions within our service desk ticketing system and knowledge base; and provide support for maintaining our computer labs, audio-visual classrooms, video conference and telephone systems - as well as GOCard support services to faculty, students and staff. Reporting to the Director of Technology Operations, Client Services and GOCard Operations, the Tier 2 Support Technician
has duties that include but are not limited to:Service Desk Support
Technology Projects and Knowledge Share
- Install hardware and software.
- Install peripherals such as printers and scanners.
- Assist with classroom support.
- Help set up video conference sessions.
- Provide video capture support as needed.
- Monitor Service Desk queue and address service desk tickets in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve reported issues via phone, email, computer chat - both in-person and by remote access.
- Provide front office coverage for Service Desk.
- Provide evening and weekend support.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of technology projects.
- Familiarize end-users with basic software, hardware, and peripheral device operation.
- Enhance the general IT knowledge base.
- Monitor Service Desk queue and address GOCard tickets in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve GOCard issues via phone, email, computer chat, and in- person.
- Provide front office coverage for GOCard Office.
- Provide evening and weekend GOCard support.
- Provide additional GOCard support services as assigned.
Current Georgetown Employees:
- Bachelor of Science in computer science/engineering related field
- At least 2 years of related experience (note: additional education may be substituted for experience AND additional experience may be substituted for education)
- Availability and willingness to work day, evening and weekend hours
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2571291
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency