: Staff and AdministratorsDepartment:
: 2815 (GADM-Graduate admissions)Locations:
: Worcester, MAPosted:
: Oct 16, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-time - ExemptPosition ID:
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub.
As part of the Graduate Admissions Team, the Data Systems Analyst works as part of a cross-functional team that supports enrollment growth throughout the admissions lifecycle: from awareness and consideration through the application, admission, and enrollment process.
This position works closely with marketing and admissions teams to ensure optimum system configuration for student engagement, and to collect and interpret data from multiple sources that provides actionable insights, analytics, and reliable reporting.
The data systems analyst is a senior team member in the graduate enrollment management unit that provides data and analytical support to assist in achieving the overall graduate enrollment goals, as well as helps to identify inquiry and applicant trends using Clark systems to provide more efficient and effective enrollment modeling.
DATA AND REPORTING
- Supports the Engagement and Recruiting Teams with actionable information about inquiries, engagement, and application milestones. Provides ad hoc reports and analysis of enrollment pipeline activity, and identifies areas of improvement for improved engagement.
- Works closely with Marketing Team to analyze marketing and advertising activity to ensure most effective messaging and engagement and provide quality metrics, and outcomes reporting
- Provides regular reporting on enrollment activity, including lead engagement and quality metrics, pipeline effectiveness, enrollment projections, and y/y performance.
- Provides regular admissions reports to senior leadership and admissions officers.
- Oversee the operations and optimum configuration of marketing and enrolment data systems and online tools, to provide effective data capture an analysis. Tools include Admissions CRM (Slate), and integrated communications platforms and reporting tools (Web site, social media, HubSpot, Email, Google Analytics, Data Studio, and Tag Manager, Helios, etc.)
- Implement day-to-day system configurations and maintain working relationships with IT department and outside vendors for support as needed.
The successful candidate must be a clear and effective communicator who can understand and support multi-faceted strategies across the organization, interpret trends, identify hidden insights and intelligence (the story behind the numbers), and recommend strategic changes and refinements based on data insights.
Additional desired attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters in related field preferred.
- 3+ years' experience demonstrating increasing responsibility, and effective teamwork across organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to present and interpret data effectively.
- Experience within a progressive admissions, or similar, unit with a focus on growth.
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis across multiple systems that provides insight and actionable intelligence to business teams.
- Hands on experience with admissions and marketing data systems and toolsets, for example Slate, Helios, HubSpot, Google tools (Analytics, Tag Manager, and Data Studio), SQL, Tableau and data visualization tools is desired.
- Ability to engage effectively with marketing, recruiting, admissions, and leadership teams to meet the data needs of each functional area, and deliver and communicate data-driven insights and process improvements.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a nimble, entrepreneurial and growth-oriented organization.
- Ability to think and act independently.
Clark University currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other well-documented reasons.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Clark University offers a generous benefit package for full and, if applicable, part-time employees that include; paid time off, generous retirement plan, group health and dental insurance, life insurance, and tuition, along with use of many campus amenities. For a complete list of benefits for eligible employees visit here.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.