Job DescriptionThe University of Maryland School of Social Work has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant I.
The Administrative Assistant will support the Office of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) by managing incoming calls and assisting individuals who participate in the Office’s webinars with basic troubleshooting needs. Other duties will include working with webinar instructors to collect materials to distribute to participants and coordinating the post-webinar instructor evaluations. This Non-Exempt, Contractual
position offers a generous benefits package that includes 10 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB. UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Essential Functions
- Coordinating email and phone communications with customers and composes responses to routine inquiries. Handle all correspondences: emails, phone calls, mailings and faxes.
- Communicate with Instructors to collect webinar materials and upload to Learning Management System (LMS).
- Gather and disseminate workshop material to participants
- Enter workshops into the registration program.
- Audit files for the upcoming semesters.
- Record and disseminate completed evaluations to Instructors.
- Maintain workshop database Atlasian System (Bloom) and filing systems. Enters, updates, and retrieves information as needed.
- Assist participants with the registration process.
- Enter DHR Registration Forms into registration program.
- Provide back up support assistance to Webinar/MultiMedia Assistant.
The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism is preferred. Experience:
Two (2) years experience providing administrative support. Other:
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills with multi-tasking, Strong writing skills, and strong communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills are mandatory. Excellent verbal and writing skills (writing sample required). Effective prioritizing and time management skills. Motivated self-starter, able to multiple tasks.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are not
eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union). Salary Range:
$37,013 - $40,000 UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Non-Exempt StaffShift:
School of Social Work - Continuing EducationJob Posting:
Oct 14, 2021Unposting Date:
Oct 28, 2021, 10:59:00 PM