Title: Faculty/Program Director, Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Job no: 493004
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Salary: $57,400 - $74,650
Full time hire date will be July 2022 (subject to change). There may be an opportunity for a transitional period to work with current program director.
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: A faculty member responsible for campus oversight of the Program curriculum and operations. The Campus Director is responsible for all aspects of the program, including the management, administration, continuous review and analysis, planning, development, and general effectiveness of the program at that campus. The Program Director will receive a minimum of 40% overall administrative release time for the academic year to perform the administrative responsibilities to oversee the program on at his/her campus.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 2 years full-time clinical experience as a registered diagnostic medical sonographer in ABD extended and OB/GYN concentrations.
Current RDMS (AB and OB/GYN) and RVT (VT)
Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: Please note that all teaching faculty are required to comply with PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm(and scroll to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
Hiring Range: $57,400 - $74,650
Experience in supervision.
Teaching experience preferred.
Job Specific Task List:
- Illustrative only - not inclusive of every task assigned to a position. - (Standard)
- Provides oversight for the daily operations of the program. - (Standard)
- Provide guidance and leadership for the clinical coordinators (Harrisburg/Lancaster campus only). - (Standard)
- Work in collaboration with Department Chair on the following: o Recruitment of clinical agencies o Recruitment of adjunct faculty o Clinical assignment of agencies o Clinical assignment of faculty o Research campus outcomes, and develop plan for remediation o Perform classroom and/or clinical observations as needed. AP- 878 o Verify continuing education for faculty - (Standard)
- Work with Academic Dean to prepare class schedules and staff faculty accordingly. - (Standard)
- Order course material and works in coordination with the campus bookstores. - (Standard)
- Work with Academic Dean in the on-boarding, observation, and evaluation of adjunct faculty. - (Standard)
- Participate in the budget process including planning and capital requests, manages operational budget and day to day transfers. - (Standard)
- Support student success and responds to and works to resolve student issues. o Attend marketing events and open houses. Participates in college and community service activities. o Conduct program orientations. o Maintain appropriate student records as required by the college, accrediting, licensure and registry agencies. o Handle complaints regarding the program. o Handle disciplinary actions with students. o Oversee campus-based celebration ceremonies. o Reviews admissions documentation for clearance to the program. - (Standard)
- Represent “the face of HACC” through involvement with community projects. - (Standard)
- Represent “the face of HACC” and maintain open communication with all clinical agencies utilized by the college. - (Standard)
- Prepares and provides instruction for given course load. - (Essential)
- Supervises employees and assigns work. - (Essential)
- Manages operational budget and day to day transfers for program. - (Essential)
- Oversees a department or function and provides leadership and direction. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Oct 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time