Business Analyst, TravelPosition Number:
PSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level:
10Pay Grade Range:
$51,780 - $78,203Status :
Calendar Year, Full-time, LimitedDepartment:
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoExtension Contingency Notes:
This is a full time calendar year position limited to June 18, 2022 with anticipated renewal.Job Description Summary:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by November 5, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by November 26, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (November 26, 2021) may not be given full consideration. Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting the Manager of Accounting and Associate Controller of Accounting Operations in the management and oversight of the University of Rhode Island’s travel and expense program; promoting adherence to University’s travel policies and procedures, on-boarding and training of new employees in the use of the PeopleSoft travel and expense module, promotion of the use of the lowest cost transportation and lodging, day to day liaison with the contracted Travel agency to resolve service issues and introduction of new and upgraded products and services that will enhance the University’s travel program and user experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Required Qualifications:
Daily review and maintenance of the University’s traveler profile database for new and terminated employees. Provide subject matter expert help or services to internal staff, University staff, faculty and researchers with regards to processing of travel authorizations, travel advances and travel expense reporting, the online travel booking application, allowable travel expenditures, and assisting in clearing errors when necessary. Assist the Manager, Accounting with the overall flow of travel and expenses through the University’s accounting system to insure legitimacy, accuracy, timeliness and adherence to established University, State, Federal policies and procedures. Assist the Manager, Accounting on training internal staff and University staff, faculty and researchers on new and existing systems, upgrades to the University’s travel expense systems and any other University, State or Federal regulations, policies or procedures. Assist the Manager, Accounting on creating and maintaining documentation regarding travel policies, procedures and training.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide assistance to the staff in the Accounting Office when necessary.
Perform additional duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printers, word processing, database and spreadsheet software. Microsoft Office.
REQUIRED: Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Minimum of three years of experience as an accountant, auditor or analyst.
3. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
4. Demonstrated experience with complex financial software systems (e.g. Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday).
5. Demonstrated training experience.
6. Demonstrated presentation skills.
7. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
8. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
9. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations/groups.
PREFERRED: Environmental Conditions:
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field.
2. Demonstrated experience working in Government, University or Not for Profit organization.
3. Demonstrated experience working with a travel and expense reporting software program.
4. Demonstrated experience auditing travel reimbursements.
5. Demonstrated ability to interpret institutional policies, plans, objectives, rules, and regulations and to communicate the interpretation to others.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date:
10/13/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:Quicklink for Posting:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document-References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).