Physician (FSU PrimaryHealth™, FMPP Operations - College of Medicine) Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
FSU PrimaryHealth™, FMPP Operations - College of Medicine
FSU PrimaryHealth™ is a healthcare center in southwest Tallahassee that provides a broad range of primary-care services.
The healthcare center includes 15 patient exam rooms, two rooms for behavioral-health services, two health-procedure rooms and a community room.
2911 Roberts Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32310
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
Position provides out-patient primary patient care and involves teaching of medical students within the clinical setting. Performs diagnostic exams and examinations for specific complaints for the identification and evaluation of illnesses and injuries. Initiates medically sound treatment options, diagnostic laboratory tests, x-rays, and other procedures as indicated. Reviews and discusses with patient the results of laboratory, x-ray, and other procedures. Provides medically indicated referrals to other specialists/consultants when necessary.
Documents the patient history, physical and emotional state, diagnostic findings and treatment in the patient’s Electronic Medical Record.
Serve as consultant to nursing staff and other staff physicians. May serve as preceptor to students on clinical rotations
Attends and participates in COM professional and administrative committees, conducts case presentations, special projects and other related assignments as assigned. Actively participates with other medical staff in implementing approved policies and procedures emanating from these committees.
Doctoral degree (MD or DO), four years of experience, and personal/professional goals which are consistent with the mission of the FSU College of Medicine. (Note: years spent in the completion of an approved residency program may count toward required experience.)
- Valid license to practice medicine in accordance with Chapter 458, Florida Statutes.
- Completion of an approved U.S. Residency Program and valid Board Certification in Family Medicine or appropriate discipline.
- Current Federal DEA license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification by certifying agency, or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Provider trained in and passionate about Family Medicine.
- Experience assessing patient condition independently or in consultation.
- Experience providing appropriate treatment or referral for treatment.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply current principles, methods and practices for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or equivalent software.
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Post-job offer, but prior to hire, the following will be required:
- Current PPD (Purified Protein Derivative) test as performed by a qualified physician from within the past 6 months.
- Physical examination completed by a qualified healthcare provider/physician from within the past 6 months.
Within 30 days of hire, you must provide:
- Documentation of vaccination for Tetanus within the last 10 years.
- Proof of immunization OR positive titers for Hepatitis B.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply related University policies, procedures, principles, and practices.
- Skill in assessment and treatment of persons from diverse populations.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Soft Money Funded Position
This is a soft money funded position, with renewal based on available funds and the needs of the University.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received by the hiring committee.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.